61.5/110/119 to 10 DN receivers

skybyrd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Heres my setup.
1 generic dual LNB 18" dish for 61.5
1 generic dish 18"x24" for 110/119

I need to set that up to 10 DN original receivers.

My quetsions what kind of switch will i need and what is the best diagram possible for that .

or another scenario is dish 500+ (110/118/119) to 10 receivers

Can anyone help me with that, thank you.

It also depends on what "generic LNB" means. Are these legacy, DishPro, or DishPro Plus?

Also, do you want 118 instead of 61.5, or in addition to 61.5?

thank you guys for your quick response.

i will definetly use a dish 500+ with 118.

how will i connect the 3 DP34 switches since there only 2 outputs per LNB., and will i need to power up the switch with a power outlet or will the receivers be able to power up the switches and lnb.

i have to do an installtion from a flat roof appartment building to 11 apprtment units. so im thinking what will be the best scenario if, and again if the switches needs to be powered.

thank you guys for your quick response.

i will definetly use a dish 500+ with 118.

how will i connect the 3 DP34 switches since there only 2 outputs per LNB., and will i need to power up the switch with a power outlet or will the receivers be able to power up the switches and lnb.

i have to do an installtion from a flat roof appartment building to 11 apprtment units. so im thinking what will be the best scenario if, and again if the switches needs to be powered.
You connect the multi switches together All your satellites go into the first switch , from there the connections go from switch to switch.

Ignore the 2nd port on your DishPro dual LNB. All are DishPro (bandstacked) LNBs, so you get both polarizations on a single cable.

The switch power problem could be an issue if people start unplugging their receivers... Each DP34 needs at least one receiver plugged in and powered in order to function, including sending any signal out the passthrough ports.

if your application is just for home use then I would suggest:
1 dpp 44 switch and 2 dpp 33 switches

Reason for the mix is simple.. you are trying to hook up 10 STBs this will give you 10 out ports that can all be used for dual tuners and you would only need 1 power inserter from the first line off of the 44 switch.

The 500+ LNBF only has 3 ports so you dont have to worry about which port to use just make sure you get them in the right order on the 44 switch

open

you plug those in on the left side of the 44 switch. on the right side of the 44 you will see 4 open ports run your 3 lines over to the left side of the 33 switch and then again to your next 33 switch.

If you plan on having HD in the future you will need 3 44switches and a 1000+ dish.

NOW.. if your set up is for a Commercial Application then I would use a QAM setup with Q-Boxes.

Last edited:
Then he needs 10 DP Adapters as well. :D He's also going to have to upgrade all those receivers if he wants to get the 118 since Legacy receivers can't pick it up, right?

I second the call for getting a professional in there.
legacy receiver can pick up 118.7, just need dp adapter and choose superdish 3 sat or 4 sat in the install summary screen.

legacy receiver can pick up 118.7, just need dp adapter and choose superdish 3 sat or 4 sat in the install summary screen.

I can never remember all that stuff. I thought it also depended on the model of Legacy receiver we're dealing with here.

edit: I will say that every 500+ upgrade I've been to also came with a 301/311 upgrade if the customer had a Legacy receiver, regardless of model.