61.5 - 72.5 - 77 - 110 - 119 - 129 Setup

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
Gotta love the E* channel additions... except for the implementation :rolleyes:

I've got a D500 Dish Pro Plus looking at 110/119 with a 61.5 Dish Pro feeding my 622 and 722k. I need to get on 72.5 and or 129 to get the new HD. I have a 1000.4 sitting in the basement not being used. I'm going to have to relocate the dish(s) to move ahead with getting the new channels.

Is it possible to chain together the Dish Pro to the Dish Pro Plus to the 1000.4? The attached image shows the proposed arrangement. Will it, could it possibly work?

I do have a DP44 switch somewhere but I'd rather not bring it into the equation because of the powering and requirements and the mess of cables.

I did some searching and didn't find much, but if you can direct me to where this arrangement has been discussed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Dish Pro Plus.jpg
    Dish Pro Plus.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 258
You can only have 4 satellite positions using the internal switch of a 1000.4. To get more, you would have to use external switches and cascade the other satellites into the mix. Why not just mount the 1000.4 and be done with it? That will give you all the national HD that exists.

Why not just mount the 1000.4 and be done with it? That will give you all the national HD that exists.

I have read that the EPG for my locals come from the 110 orbital, and without the 110 I'm afraid my OTA guide data won't populate. My local HD is coming from both 61.5 and 129. Is this correct about the local guide data coming with the SD locals?

what market?

Most of the larger cities all the locals are on EA

They only "split" them if there is not enough room on a TP

what market?

Most of the larger cities all the locals are on EA

They only "split" them if there is not enough room on a TP

I bounce around the Omaha and Lincoln DMAs. Would all of my guide data come off the EA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts