61.5 (cbs-hd)with / voom dish

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
I receive the 61.5 cbs-hd when I connect direct to my 811. When I try to combine 119/110/61.5 on the DP34 switch, the switch wont find it (61.5) yet the signal shows :confused: 85-90. Do I need to change the LNB on the voom dish ?

jmd102354 said:
I receive the 61.5 cbs-hd when I connect direct to my 811. When I try to combine 119/110/61.5 on the DP34 switch, the switch wont find it (61.5) yet the signal shows :confused: 85-90. Do I need to change the LNB on the voom dish ?
Make sure you're using the same series of LNB on or 61.5 as the dish500. Since you quoted DP34 then I imagine your Dish500 LNB are the dishpro series. Check for the DP logo. The same series is required for the 61.5. You may need to buy a single dishpro LNB for 61.5 or possibly a complete 18 inch
DP Dish if the mounting arm your present dish is incompatible.

here's a question, Same situation but replace the dish 500's lnbs to from pro to legacy. Would that work instead of having to change the mast & lnb on the voom dish?

I just got off the phone with a "tech" csr and she said that you can use the dish 500 lnbs wich in your case are probably pro lnbs and voom's lnb is equal to the legacy lnb so in order to connect the dishes to each other you will need an SW64 switch. The only way for you to be able to use the DP34 is if all lnbs are dp.

Don't flame me if she's wrong.

Thanks All

I am getting a I-Adapter and a DP LNB for the Voom Dish. Should work . (i hope :D )

jmd102354 said:
I am getting a I-Adapter and a DP LNB for the Voom Dish. Should work . (i hope :D )
It'll work since all of your lnbs are dp and you have the dp34. I'm not sure what's more expensive, the y-adapter & the lnb or the sw64 switch? But you definately have 2 options.

larrystotler said:
Keep in mind that the I adapter may cause your dish to be a little off, so you may need to raise or lower it to compensate since it makes the LNB farther from the dish.

OK Thanks ! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)