61.5 HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnbatou

Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
new york
Hi, I have had Dish Network for about 5 years. One 500 dish picks up sat 110
and 119. Additionally, I had a second 500 dish installed a couple of years ago
to pick up sat 61.5, which transmits an international channel that I wanted{ERT}. Everything was fine until I decided to upgrade to HD, and I installed
a 211k receiver. The problem is that about half of the HD channels don't come
in{intermittently}. They are broadcast from the 61.5. The ones that don't come in are from certain transponders{such as 16 and 22}. Dish wants me to
pay for a technician to come and diagnose. A local retailer told me it could be
a switch, or a pointing the dish problem. There are 2 SW21 switches that had
been installed by Dish. I'm in the 11214 zip. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. Also, the transponders that don't come in show a signal strength of
9-11, very low. If the dish is pointed correctly for certain 61.5 channels{signal
strength at least 35}, why wouldn't it be pointed correctly for the other 61.5
channels?

Too low

Hi, I have had Dish Network for about 5 years. One 500 dish picks up sat 110
and 119. Additionally, I had a second 500 dish installed a couple of years ago
to pick up sat 61.5, which transmits an international channel that I wanted{ERT}. Everything was fine until I decided to upgrade to HD, and I installed
a 211k receiver. The problem is that about half of the HD channels don't come
in{intermittently}. They are broadcast from the 61.5. The ones that don't come in are from certain transponders{such as 16 and 22}. Dish wants me to
pay for a technician to come and diagnose. A local retailer told me it could be
a switch, or a pointing the dish problem. There are 2 SW21 switches that had
been installed by Dish. I'm in the 11214 zip. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. Also, the transponders that don't come in show a signal strength of
9-11, very low. If the dish is pointed correctly for certain 61.5 channels{signal
strength at least 35}, why wouldn't it be pointed correctly for the other 61.5
channels?
Signals should be more than the 35 that you are talking about. Your dish could be mispointed. What are the signal strengths for the other channels. I see that the very low signal is for even numbers what are they for the rest of the even tps? It could be that the LNB is working fine for the odd and the evens are bad. In that case then the LNB is bad. If the signal is weak for all tps then it is a pointing problem.

TP 16 and 22 are very weak. You need to tweak the aim on your dish to peak the signal, or make sure that the foliage that is coming out hasn't grown into the path of your signal. TP22 with the weakest signal will be first one affected.

See ya
Tony

just have a tech come out they will remove those very old sw21's and re-do your system. you'll be better off. a dpp twin with 61.5 wing input into it (aimed correctly) is what you need, and you will be good to go for a long time to come.
to answer your last question, a mispointed dish can get good strength on some tp's and very poor on others. it needs to be tweaked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts