61.5 HD Core Migrations Update

Will Channel 217 Ion West be added to EA

I had 2 dish solution and got moved to EA. I lost ch 217 Ion West. I watch NCIS and Criminal Minds. It's on every day. The WA has 216 & 217 Ion E & Ion W. But the EA has only Ion E. Anyone know if they will be duplicating that on EA?

When Dish starts or changes the HD programming from the 61.5 to the 72 satellite will I have to do a check switch to get my receivers to update the channels and satellite info and for the guide info as well? Or will every thing automatically be updated?

When Dish starts or changes the HD programming from the 61.5 to the 72 satellite will I have to do a check switch to get my receivers to update the channels and satellite info and for the guide info as well? Or will every thing automatically be updated?

Customers with a proper setup of 61/72/77 will not notice a thing.

They are required by US law, and 61.5 is a US slot, so they should not be going anywhere.

In fact, since 72.7/77/129 are Canadian and Mexican slots, there are no PI channels there at all.

I believe there are a few on 129 TP 21.

My point was, when it comes time to do the mailings which source will they get their info from: STB health data or the database the CSRs have access to?? I would bet on the CSR database. In my case they were different at that time...

I don't think they reference any database. They just blindly mail to every customer in that zip code or area.

We can see what satellites and switches are in use (6-1-1) so certainly so can Dish, assuming a communications link.

I get the impression some folks here are going to reaim to 72.7 from 61.5 Real Soon. If you do, you will lose some channels. They have not yet duplicated those 61.5 channels on 72.7. Patience. Or surrender and have Dish put up an EA setup. I'm waiting on an installer now. He's only about an hour late, so far, based on the call I got from his office (promising he'd be here between 2 & 2:30).

Side comment, regarding those that believe Dish should foot the whole bill for a new dish setup for EA. You may be "correct" but you're losing out on those channels all the same. You did not lose any channels, you just failed to gain some. By not paying ($15 or about $100) you may have a warm feeling of justification, but not as many channels. And Dish doesn't even notice your "loss." But I'll bet they'll eventually do it for free for you.

By not paying ($15 or about $100) you may have a warm feeling of justification, but not as many channels. And Dish doesn't even notice your "loss." But I'll bet they'll eventually do it for free for you.
Well, I really hate it when I pay money for something that others in the same predicament get for free. So I payed attention here and wrote the ceo address (twice before getting a reply) and got my 1000.4 for free. Didn't you? ;) I also got an android phone upgrade (Samsung Behold 2) for free out of T-mobile. But that's for another forum.

I get the impression some folks here are going to re-aim to 72.7 from 61.5 Real Soon. If you do, you will lose some channels. They have not yet duplicated those 61.5 channels on 72.7. Patience. Or surrender and have Dish put up an EA setup.

Concerning suggestions to re-aim a wing dish from 61.5 to 72.7 (and keeping 110/119)
1) I don't think HD Locals are moving off of 61.5 at all.
2) I don't think we know for sure that they plan to move, or mirror, ALL of the national HDs off of 61.5 and on to 72.7
3) The issues at 61.5 are hardware related, and E15 launches later this year and will go to 61.5. It will carry a lot of programming.
4) Dish appears to be looking to eliminate mixed arc setups.
5) A 61.5 and 72.7 (and 77) pairing is part of their single dish solution.

So, you youe end up getting a 1000.4 EA dish, or a 1000.2, whichever applies to your market and/or is more suitable for your situation.

There are a ton of mixed arc setups here in the Atlanta area - it will be fun to watch how this unfolds this year.

I am going to move from the WA to the EA due to a 129 impending tree issue. I have single 24inch satellite dishes. Is there any reason to acquire the 77 bird? Lyngsat only shows locals that are distant on 77. Thanks!

Isn't the point of this thread of moving my Dish 300 from 61.5 to 72.7 is to receive the HD that is moving from 61.5 to 72.7? LOL

Go ahead and move that dish from 61.5 to 72.7... you won't be LOL'ing for long once you see what 110/119/72.7 gives you.

I am going to move from the WA to the EA due to a 129 impending tree issue. I have single 24inch satellite dishes. Is there any reason to acquire the 77 bird? Lyngsat only shows locals that are distant on 77. Thanks!

Lyngsat isn't always up to date like TheList is here (automated in real time). But at this time only HD locals are on 77. But since they are requiring people to have either a 61/72/77 or 110/119/129, you could lose out on programming if they decide to move things around one day. That's the beauty of removing these hybrid setups. They can slide programming around the arcs with no worries of cutting off customers on standard approved installs.

I am gonna ditch the 4900 and buy my son a 211.

Is re-pointing my Dish 500 from 110/119 to 72.7/77 necessary and keep the Dish 300 at 61.5? I can save $5 because I get my HD locals via QAM in 2 rooms and my antenna in main living room.

You cannot receive 72.7 and 77 with a D500 with Twin because the separation in the orbital positions is too small. You can receive 61.5 and 72.7 with a single D500 with Twin LNB. Why not aim the 61.5 dish at 129 and get a pure western arc solution along with 110/119?

No. They haven't started duplicating yet. It will take several months before they have it all running on both sats.

So what's on 61.5 for core HD is already on 72.7? i dont have time to look at the list, im at work

Nope. And it will be done in phases. A few channels are duplicated over to 72.7..channel numbers are changed on 61.5 so you call in to ask what happened to your channels. CSR schedules the 1000.4 upgrade then tells you the new channel numbers to watch those channels for the time being. Later the older ones are removed from 61.5. Then the process happens again for a few more channels.

Best bet is to pick up a 1000.4 or 1000.2 when the time comes.

Go ahead and move that dish from 61.5 to 72.7... you won't be LOL'ing for long once you see what 110/119/72.7 gives you.

Lyngsat isn't always up to date like TheList is here (automated in real time). But at this time only HD locals are on 77. But since they are requiring people to have either a 61/72/77 or 110/119/129, you could lose out on programming if they decide to move things around one day. That's the beauty of removing these hybrid setups. They can slide programming around the arcs with no worries of cutting off customers on standard approved installs.

That's It! Finally, someone gets the whole "plan." That is the whole point of the single dish arc. It gives Dish tremendous flexibility, especially should some transponders fail or even--gasp--a whole satellite. Not a pretty picture, but they don't have to send techs out at the last minute to make it happen.

They are required by US law, and 61.5 is a US slot, so they should not be going anywhere.

In fact, since 72.7/77/129 are Canadian and Mexican slots, there are no PI channels there at all.

There are indeed PI's at 129. I can't remember them all, but I know Classic Arts Showcase, The Pentagon Channel are for sure. I know there are a few more.

My current setup is Dish 300 at 61.5, Dish 500 at 110/119, two ViP722, ViP 622, 625 and two DP34 switches. I live in Florida and subscribe to America's Everything plus HD and locals. I don't receive some of the HD channels I believe I should such as FSC and BBC America. If I point my Dish 300 at 129, will I get all my current channels plus the missing HD? Is it correct that if I change to the Dish 100.4, I will need to replace my 625 and both switches? Thank you for any help. I am finding the multiple permutations of dishes and satellites very confusing.

Is it correct that if I change to the Dish 100.4, I will need to replace my 625 and both switches?
Yes and not exactly. You will have to replace the 625 with another capable of MPEG4 if you go Eastern Arc. That's the bad news. The good news is that you can jettison both DP34s in favor of the integrated DPP switch inside the 1000.4 LNB assembly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)