61.5 HD Core Migrations Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you're paying for a service call you should not have to sign a commitment extension. If you would have waited until contacted it would likely have been free with no additional commitment.

I wonder if you indeed have to wait to be contacted first or can you get the re-point deal by calling in? Atlanta is a huge market and they have not put out any letters in this market as far as I am aware, yet a ton of customers in this area have mixed arc setups and are no getting all the Hd channels right now.

I wonder if you indeed have to wait to be contacted first or can you get the re-point deal by calling in? Atlanta is a huge market and they have not put out any letters in this market as far as I am aware, yet a ton of customers in this area have mixed arc setups and are no getting all the Hd channels right now.

Currently I think it depends on the CSR. Some are granting freebee reinstalls, some are not, based on reporting here in the forum.

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I am praying that someone here can answer my question. No one I talk to at Dish can give me a straight answer. I'm currently pointed at 110, 119 and 61.5. Dish cannot verify that I will keep my local HD channels if I move to 129. Anyone got an answer for that? How about this - 5 or so channels form the HD Platinum package don't show up at all. Epix and a couple others. Are these the new HD channels that aren't being put on 61.5? The tech I spoke with last night told me I could just swing over to the 129 bird and everything would be fine. 3+ hours of tech chat and I'm still as confused as ever. Thanks in advance.

Your Milwaukee HD local networks, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, are on 61.5 and only on 61.5. Many of your SD locals are on 110. The HD channels you are missing are on 72.7 and 129. So, it looks like you would lose your local networks if you swing over to 129 but you would gain the missing channels, not a good idea. You have an interesting issue there. Dish wants to move everyone over the Eastern Arc, 61.5-72.7-77, or Western Arc, 110-119-129. Because your local channels are all over the place that makes it difficult. I don't know what the Dish plan for Milwaukee might be, but I'd wager that they are going to move the locals to one Arc or the other. The question is when that might be.

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I am praying that someone here can answer my question. No one I talk to at Dish can give me a straight answer. I'm currently pointed at 110, 119 and 61.5. Dish cannot verify that I will keep my local HD channels if I move to 129. Anyone got an answer for that? How about this - 5 or so channels form the HD Platinum package don't show up at all. Epix and a couple others. Are these the new HD channels that aren't being put on 61.5? The tech I spoke with last night told me I could just swing over to the 129 bird and everything would be fine. 3+ hours of tech chat and I'm still as confused as ever. Thanks in advance.

You can consult SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList (link at top of page).

Milwaukee HD (and SD) are all on 61.5, they are not mirrored on any of the western arc satellites. So, if you drop 61.5 you will not have HD locals any more, since only the SD version are on WA.

You need to change to an eastern arc dish, 61.5/72.7/77 will take care of all your needs.

Your Milwaukee HD local networks, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, are on 61.5 and only on 61.5. Many of your SD locals are on 110. The HD channels you are missing are on 72.7 and 129. So, it looks like you would lose your local networks if you swing over to 129 but you would gain the missing channels, not a good idea. You have an interesting issue there. Dish wants to move everyone over the Eastern Arc, 61.5-72.7-77, or Western Arc, 110-119-129. Because your local channels are all over the place that makes it difficult. I don't know what the Dish plan for Milwaukee might be, but I'd wager that they are going to move the locals to one Arc or the other. The question is when that might be.
My situation was the same (Dallas/Ft. Worth DMA). I had 110/119/61.5 setup for years. Ultimately going full eastern arc (61.5/72.7/77) sacrificed my SD locals, but I don't care because I have my HD locals. I'm sure GoPackGo would feel the same, but it's nice that he found this site where he'll get full disclosure and therefore make his own choice. (Unlike the CSR roulette he'd likely face with DISH Network).

My situation was the same (Dallas/Ft. Worth DMA). I had 110/119/61.5 setup for years. Ultimately going full eastern arc (61.5/72.7/77) sacrificed my SD locals, but I don't care because I have my HD locals. I'm sure GoPackGo would feel the same, but it's nice that he found this site where he'll get full disclosure and therefore make his own choice. (Unlike the CSR roulette he'd likely face with DISH Network).
I need to keep SD locals. I have 4 receivers in my home - a 722 and 3 311's. Going full EA would mean my 311's are obsolete, correct? I have no desire to swap a bunch of equipment. I do have a spare dish lying around without an LNB. Is it feasible to pick up a LNB off of Ebay and point that dish at 129? That would give me 61.5, 110, 119, 129 set up. Is there any reason this would not work? Also, are 72.7 and 129 exactly the same? Any benefit to going with one over the other? Thanks for the info and timely response. :)

I need to keep SD locals. I have 4 receivers in my home - a 722 and 3 311's. Going full EA would mean my 311's are obsolete, correct? I have no desire to swap a bunch of equipment. I do have a spare dish lying around without an LNB. Is it feasible to pick up a LNB off of Ebay and point that dish at 129? That would give me 61.5, 110, 119, 129 set up. Is there any reason this would not work? Also, are 72.7 and 129 exactly the same? Any benefit to going with one over the other? Thanks for the info and timely response. :)

I just got a call..They replaced my old 301's with VIP 211's at no cost or commitment along with a free dish repoint to eastern arc (I Had one dish @ 110 &119 and a second dish @61

I just got a call..They replaced my old 301's with VIP 211's at no cost or commitment along with a free dish repoint to eastern arc (I Had one dish @ 110 &119 and a second dish @61
Full EA sacrifices my SD locals.The 722 is the only one I lease. I picked up the 311's on Ebay and kinda doubt Dish would replace 3 of them at no cost. It can't hurt to ask and I will do just that in a few days when my current CSR hangover fades.

Full EA sacrifices my SD locals.The 722 is the only one I lease. I picked up the 311's on Ebay and kinda doubt Dish would replace 3 of them at no cost. It can't hurt to ask and I will do just that in a few days when my current CSR hangover fades.

when they are ready to switch you (when your locals are on ea). I am sure they will replace them..the caveat is that they will be LEASED and not OWNED

You need EA with a wing dish pointed at 110.

either replace500 with 1k2 and keep 61.5 or replace both with 1k4....its up to the visiting tech and his decision of line of sight....call, and the appointment will be free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts