61.5 Instead of 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Right now I currently have a 1000.2 dish pointed at the 110, 119, and 129 satellites, with a dish 500 pointed at the 61.5 satellite. Here in Columbus, Ohio I get a MUCH better signal from the 61.5 satellite but I get my HD channels from the 129 which often times gets a poor signal (in the 60's). Is there any way at all that I can get the available HD channels from the 61.5 INSTEAD of the 129, and just use the 129 signal for the channels that I can't get from the 61.5? Is there a way to program which satellites you're getting individual channels from?

nope. The only way to have it get 61.5 instead of 129 is when the channel is only on 61.5 (like the PI channels)

Otherwise it defaults to 129 (sadly)

HD is mirrored on 129 and 61.5. I have my 129 disconnected and will only hook it back up if there is something I have to get off 129. so far there is nothing....

Simply unhook the 129 lead going to the switch and do a "check-switch" on the receivers (Menu +6+1+1). Let it download the guide and there you go!. :)

It is a PITA but it works.

When you absolutely need 129° hook the cable back up to the switch and do another switch check and you are ready to go.

Beware this can take 10 minutes or more each time.

See ya
Tony

Re-peak your dish with emphasis on 129 instead of 119. Ordinarily techs peak on 119 and check 129 to see if it's there. You may have to drop the elevation of the dish to boost 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)