61.5 issues?

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
Around 0730 this morning, while watching an HD LiL on my HWS, the image froze. No error screen. The HWS responded quickly when I went to guide and I was able to tune to the OTA version of the same channel. When I attempted to check signal strength, there was no lock on 61.5. My other 2 sats are fine (EA). The channel came back briefly, but it froze again soon thereafter. Again, no "loss of signal" screen as I would expect, just a frozen picture and obviously no lock on the point dish screen.

I had to go to work, so I don't know if it ever corrected. Is anyone else having this issue?

Any problems with other 61.5 channels, such as 195?

I'm having no problems with 61.5.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm having no problems with 61.5...
Thanks for checking. It was intermittent earlier, but it seems to be up and stable now. I can't check signal strength at work, but I'm getting programming off 61.5 via dishanywhere (If dishanywhere works the way I think it does, that must mean my signal at home is the same.)

Reactions: old corps
I missed this part of your post (probably just missed it because I was on my phone.) I thought all was well, but at 0830 this morning, watching my HD LiL KDFW, the image and audio froze just like it did yesterday. Again, the receiver responded fine. I went to guide and then tried to tune back to the channel and just got a black screen. I went to the point dish screen and checked the signal strength for the spotbeam the HD LiL is on (spotbeam 24 on 61.5). The strength was 65 which is normal for me (I keep a spreadsheet and record my signal strengths for the 3 sats). When I exited the point dish screen, the channel was back. I went ahead and checked all my other sats and home transponders and they are all optimal. Check switch was fine, too. There's no wind. Overcast. No obstructions. Any idea what's going on. I guess if it happens again, I'll just reboot. I was just hoping to find out here that there's a known issue with the spotbeam.