61.5 outage?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Whatever happened to getting locals thru an off-air antenna?

People may disagree however the quality is better and not delayed about 30 seconds.

They aren't delayed by 30 seconds...maybe 4-6 seconds at most if that.

Satellite HD locals are great. That's two more HD tuners you can record on the DVR at the same time. With a 722k combined with OTA locals you can record ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC all in HD at the same time if you wanted ;)

Any reason why this happened?

Here is the message I get using Post Quick Reply:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

From memory it's E12 which can have spots on odd transponders from 1-23, with 17-23 now (?) in conus mode. Edited to add: can somebody do a signal strength test of those odd transponders right away? It would be interesting to know if E12 just disappeared completely, or rather it's only the spots that are down.

Let's hope E12 didn't get rammed by E6!

Highly unlikely about the getting rammed ;)

E12 also handles some of the CONUS TP's. Sounded like they were having issues with the local uplinks.

And to another post... yes you can have 87 on a spotbeam on 61.5...some of the beams are pretty hot if you are in the bore of the beam.

They aren't delayed by 30 seconds...maybe 4-6 seconds at most if that.

Satellite HD locals are great. That's two more HD tuners you can record on the DVR at the same time. With a 722k combined with OTA locals you can record ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC all in HD at the same time if you wanted ;)

Thats a good point I have a DVR 612 and can only record one OTA program at a time.

Mine is back up now but the signal on the transponder where my locals come from(transponder 9) is very low.

Any reason why this happened?

Here is the message I get using Post Quick Reply:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Just speculation but Dish did have to move the E-12 satellite slightly (which has the spotbeams for locals) to make room for the E-6 satellite. They had to file a request with the FCC to do this. Perhaps they didn't coordinate this move properly with all the local uplink sites.

Just speculation but Dish did have to move the E-12 satellite slightly (which has the spotbeams for locals) to make room for the E-6 satellite. They had to file a request with the FCC to do this. Perhaps they didn't coordinate this move properly with all the local uplink sites.

Wonder if this affected the positioning of the beams.

Could be. The bigger the antenna, the tighter the focus. Those uplink antennas look to be really big. They only received approval to move a few days ago.

Wonder if this affected the positioning of the beams.

It didn't improve the Scranton beam. As a matter of fact, it may have gone back to the even-worse level that it was at before the unexplained increase a few months ago.

I would hate to be the guy who has to drive the satellites! high pressure. Maybe they were recofiguring the spots on Echo 12 to add more conus? If I remember right Echo 12 can only do the transponders voom was assigned and Echo 3 can only do its transponders. Now that Echo 6 is there It should be able to do the duties of both right Including the transponders that failed on echo 3?

I would hate to be the guy who has to drive the satellites! high pressure. Maybe they were recofiguring the spots on Echo 12 to add more conus? If I remember right Echo 12 can only do the transponders voom was assigned and Echo 3 can only do its transponders. Now that Echo 6 is there It should be able to do the duties of both right Including the transponders that failed on echo 3?

I would think that with the arrival of E-6 at 61.5 W, Dish would be configuring E-12 to do more spotbeam coverage since E-6 can relieve E-12 of its CONUS duties. E-6 has had some failures but hopefully it can provide CONUS signals from all 5 of the TPs that E-3 and E-12 cannot at 61.5 W. It will also be interesting to see if Dish operates E-6 in double power mode. I think E-3 also has this capability but I doubt Dish would risk doing that on that very sick bird.

screenshot.jpg

Here ya go.

Not according to the guy with the 87.:rolleyes:
Sorry, I need to see a screen shot to believe this.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts