61.5 outage?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
screenshot.jpg

Here ya go.
Nice, I wish I had one that high.

61.5 really needs a new bird. No wonder they can't add any new HD content on it. The way it is going they are going have to move all the national HD to 72.7. Is it true that 61.5 is using Echostar 3. I really wish AMC-14 would have launched successfully.

No wonder they can't add any new HD content on it. The way it is going they are going have to move all the national HD to 72.7. Is it true that 61.5 is using Echostar 3.

Uhhh... that is their plan by this fall to move all national HD to 72.7. Which is why they want pure EA & WA installs and no mixed-arc installs.

They could use it for locals and even put the Latino channels up there or at 61.5 sat or at 77 sat. I wonder if the 72.7 sat can fit both hd and sd channels left on the same sat?

Any idea on when they will start putting the HD on 72.7? So basically they could fit all or almost all of the Eastern Arc on 72.7.

What are they going to do with all the room on 61.5 when they move all of the HD National Channels off it?

Turn on more spot beams for more local HD channels.

Not according to the guy with the 87.:rolleyes:
Sorry, I need to see a screen shot to believe this.:)

89 signal strength here. 61.5 spotbeam tp 15 covering Atlanta region.
Spotbeam TP 7 covering Atlanta has signal strength of 80.

Why are some spotbeams very hot, like these and others are considerably lower,maybe only in the 50s.???:confused:

89 signal strength here. 61.5 spotbeam tp 15 covering Atlanta region.
Spotbeam TP 7 covering Atlanta has signal strength of 80.

Why are some spotbeams very hot, like these and others are considerably lower,maybe only in the 50s.???:confused:

Dish can control the amount of power in a spot beam. Essentially they can widen the area if they increase power. If the DMA they are feeding is in the middle of the spot they can use less power since they do not have to worry about reception in the fringe areas of the spot. If the DMA is on the edge of the spot they have to boost power a bit to cover as much as possible.

63 is the higest I can get my local spotbeam, And when its that High, My conus signals are in the 20-30's So I settled for a 57 and most of my TP are in the mid 40-s -mid 50's, a few at 60.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)