61.5 Programming? CBS Pixelization

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Recently I am getting a lot of pixelization and audio dropouts on CBSHD East on recorded programs on my 921. I was hoping that this was just a one day weather type thing but it isn't. Signal strength is steady at 100.
Does anyone know what other channels (hopefully HD) that are coming off the Echostar (not voom) 61.5 that I can receive on my 921? Is the Demo channel on 9443 coming off 61.5?
Is anyone else having in problems with CBSHD East in the past week or so?
Thanks, Gerry

The Demo channel is from 61.5. I haven't seen any problems, but honestly I haven't been watching the CBSHD channel as I get CBS OTA and in my opinion it looks better.

Got thinking

A week ago past we had a snow storm and of course I expected problems with pic breakup and there was. But this week we didn't have any rain or snow to speak of and this is what confused me as far as why am I still having problems in the wed/thurs timeframe. Was talking to the wife about it and then it hit me that we had high winds for two days. Normally this would not be a problem if the wind was coming from the normal west direction as the house blocks the wind off that dish. But these winds were coming out of the south-southeast and hitting the dish straight on.
I did some watching/recording and rewatching recording tonight without issue. So at least I know it's not my 921 and is pointing hopefully to the winds we had. Really torqued me tho as it screwed up some good shows that we watch weekly.
Thanks for your responses, Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)