61.5 question

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hey guys, I was looking for some information on what is actually happening to the channels on 61.5 - I'm sure it was in this forum but a quick search yielded nothing.

What I'm trying to find out is:

1) Is 61.5 going away?
2) If 61.5 is NOT going away, why are the channels moving?

Thanks

It is not going away. They are shuffling to only support 2 standard setups (Eastern Arc 61, 72 77 and Western Arc 110, 119, 129). This allows more flexibility in uplinking channels to hopefully increase the channel count.

And 61.5 does not have the greatest (two) satellites. But that is changing.

Right now a satellite at 61.5 has had a bunch of failures. They have moved a backup satellite over there, but it does not cover the country as well, so they have not used it so far. They have a new satellite to launch to 61.5 that they are rushing to replace E3.

Could this be why I'm all of a sudden not getting some of my HD channels? I'm getting a very low signal on 61.5. Is anyone else having the same issues?

You shouldn't have lost any channels. You just won't be getting any of the new channels right now.

If you are losing channels (getting the no signal error message on your screen when you tune to an HD channel) you have other problems. Being as it's mid April, leaves are coming out on trees and branches that would have been out of the way may be sagging in the signal path. Or a recent wind storm may have moved your dish slightly.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)