61.5 signal in Oregon

sgip2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Hillsboro, OR
Up until 9/05 I had been a Dish subscriber for almost 10 years. When I moved into an apartment, I could not get a LOS and cancelled service. I plan to move in the fall and restart my service and upgrade to HD.

I've heard about the signal problems with the 129* location. What I would like to do, is install a Dish 1000.2 with a wing for 61.5.

Does anyone know what kind of signal I could expect from 61.5 in northern Oregon?

You'll get decent signals on 61.5 if you can see it (90s-100s). The elevation angle is like 12-14 for the Pacific Northwest. So you better have nothing in front of you.

You'll get decent signals on 61.5 if you can see it (90s-100s). The elevation angle is like 12-14 for the Pacific Northwest. So you better have nothing in front of you.

Yeah, I remember the low elevation from a prior install, I was able to get a good signal with the dish mounted on the roof.

I'm guessing that either a roof or tall pole mount would likely be necessary, correct?

I know several in the Salem - Woodburn area that can get 61.5 but if your anywhere near the mountains, forget it. If you have to settle for 129 a 30" dish works great.

NightRyder

I live in McMinnville (West and North of Salem). Since I installed a 24" dish for 129, I have not a a single drop out.

Hopefully the new sats will launch on time as predicted and get operational quickly. As long as you have an mpeg4 receiver it should solve the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts