61.5 Signal Loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FranKy400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
I have been out of town for a few weeks and just noticed that I was missing some of the SD channels that typically are next to their HD counterparts in the guide. I have an eastern arc setup and have a good signal from both the 72 and 77 but am getting single digit signal strength on 61.5 and it won't lock in. Has anyone else experienced this?

menu-preferences-guide format

Change the channel preference to HD & SD. This was a software update some receivers got, and this will get back the SD channels

Regarding the signal strength, do you know anything that may have caused the problem? Any trees or things blocking the dish perhaps?

On the signal strength, I live in a new subdivision carved out of a field and there are no trees anywhere near my house and the dish is on the roof with nothing visibly blocking the signal. Is it unusual to lose strength from only one of the three satellites when the setup uses the one large dish for the eastern arc?

If you want the best signal strength possible and have the room use 3 separate Dish 300 for 61.5,72.7,77 with a multiswitch.

I have been out of town for a few weeks and just noticed that I was missing some of the SD channels that typically are next to their HD counterparts in the guide. I have an eastern arc setup and have a good signal from both the 72 and 77 but am getting single digit signal strength on 61.5 and it won't lock in. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for the information. As always, I am amazed at how quickly you can get a response. Apologies on the missing sd channels question. After posting my question I found that it had already been asked. I will take a closer look at the dish tomorrow when it is light to see if I can find a problem and if not try the realignment option. Thanks again for the quick answers.

Anytime. If you want a tech out or anything, feel free to send me a PM.

You probably won't be the last to ask about the missing SD channels either, so don't worry about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts