61.5 Signal Lost?

My parents called me and told me that they lost a lot of channels. I went over there and they got no signal from 61.5 at all. I can't go on top of the roof cause we got too much snow.
I think I tell them to go with comcast and drop dish completely. They lost signal during bad snow storm and rain. It's just not worth it.

IF I lived up north , I would do one of two things;

Use cable.
Put the dish on a pole in the ground with a dish heater , so I could easily reach it and sweep off snow and ice.

I have all my dishes on poles in a row in my back yard and I live in Southeast Texas. It comes in handy when the hurricanes come through , because I take my dishes off the poles and put them in the house till the storm passes on by. I learned the hard way back in Hurricane Rita in 2005 -I lost my dish 500 because the wind crushed it into a C shape. It stayed connected to the pole , but it had to be replaced with a spare dish 500 I had in the shed. By the way the shed was blown down too, but I still had the spare sat dish to install . The day electricity came on I had sat tv. My sister across the street on Time Warner Cable went for a MONTH after the storm before she had tv again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)