61.5 signal strength and dvr problems

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
I am using a 622 and am having a problem with my signal strength as it is reading between 15-19, normally it is in the high 60 to low 70's (even with the new meter). I have never seen it this low. I am using it is single mode and had set up a recording before hand and now it will not let me view the program. When I first turned on the receiver, it came up with a lost signal screen for the channel I was on (yes, it is 61.5) and when I push the dvr button to start the playback for a program from 119 to see how much of this program it recorded, it goes back to either the lost signal screen for the channel on 61.5 or it is just black with no sound. With the black screen it tries to go to live tv and from there the picture just freezes even though the bottom banner with the delayed time amount shows that the program should be recording due to the time recorded keeps increasing. If I try to view another dvr program it goes back to the black screen or to the lost signal or to another message screen which states I can only do this in live mode and asks if I want to go to live, cancel or answer no. If I select yes, it goes to the live tv for the previous dvr I tried to view, but it won't let me back up to the beginning of the program or change the channel to either the other dvr program I am trying to record or to an OTA channel. Again it asks if I want to go to live tv, when I select yes, it changes to the OTA channel but the picture comes up and freezes on the first dvr program I tried to watch. Right now I am going to wait till the program quits recording (since the receiver seems to indicate the programs are at least being recorded, then reboot the system and see what happens. Does anyone have any clue to what is up with all this tonight? I have had this 622 since the first month they came out and never has seen anything like this mess on this receiver.

OK, now this is real strange. I have not yet rebooted but once the recording were done, the dvr program from the 119 sat did record and play correctly but the one from 61.5 actually recorded the program which was showing on the OTA channel I tried to tune to but couldn't. The dvr listed the program as the one on 61.5 but the banner and guide info were for the OTA with one exception, the channel number was for the program on 61.5. Everything else was for the OTA program ???

OK, this has to be a first of some kind. Pulled out the ladder this morning and checked the dish since the signal strength did not get any better overnight and found the lnb was partially covered with caterpillars. Guess I will have to keep an eye on this. Hopefully the dvr problems were caused the the ss and will fix itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)