61.5 With Dish 1000+

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

preynolds

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
I currently have a 61.5 dish coupled with a Dish 1000 via a dp44 switch. On Monday I am having a Dish 1000+ installed but I am being told that I can not keep the 61.5 dish active along with the new 1000+ Dish as there is no way to couple them(I am wanting to keep the 61.5 for CBS-HD I have via waiver). Is there any way to do this install and keep the 61.5 dish along with the 1000+. Thanks in advance for your advice.:cool:

I believe you can cascade a SW-21 off the DPP44 and have 5 satellites.

EDIT: You are right, I was speaking off the top of my head, I remembered the 21 part.

Last edited:
I will have to go look and check my notes, but I believe he means a DP-21, and then if you have a dual tuner, you will need two DP-21's.

EDIT:
Yes, you'll need a DP-21 instead of a SW-21, and 2 DP-21's if you are using a dual tuner receiver.
Here is a link to a thread that has more info than you are interested in, and also has some links, some with info that is a little old, but useful.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=74455

NOTE: I'm not an installer or Dish rep, but I guess you will probably have to furnish the additional equipment to use 5 orbital locations.

Also, since the DP-21 is "DishPro technology" and therefore not 100% compatible with "DishPro Plus technology", you will not be able to use the DP Separator if you have a Dual Tuner receiver, which will then require you to run two lines to the receiver instead of a single line.

Last edited:
I was wondering that myself, but then figured he was multi-national, or maybe multi-domestic. :)

129 for HD and HD locals, or locals.
119 for HNN and TVGC.
118.5 for John Wayne movies in languages other than English that are not on 61.5.
110 for rest of the programs and other locals.
61.5 for CBS-HD East.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)