This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

61.5 with DP dual LNB and 510

meralora100

Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Here is what I have:

Dish 500 pointing at 61.5 with DP dual LNB. I ran one cable (no switch) to 301 receiver and ran check switch. Got an error message and was only able to see ODD polarity. I couldn't get all of my subscribed channels. So, I put in SW21 and connected 2 cables from LNB to SW21 with one cable run back to receiver. I was able to see all channels. I am confused... I thought I would only need cable run if I am using DP dual? Am I missing something here? The LNB is connected using "Y" arm. Would it make a difference if I use "I" arm?

I repeated the same setup as above but now used 510 receiver. I couldn't get signal at all. Do I need to change SW21 to DP21 if I use 510 receiver?

Thanks for the help

First of all, you can't mix legacy switches such as an SW21 with DP LNBs. A DP dual with a single cable should work fine for all 3-digit (DP-capable) Dish Network receivers. Don't know what went wrong the first time you tried this.

Would upgrading the cabling to RG-6 make a difference? I don't think my setup has RG-6 cables from satellite to receiver.

I don't think my setup has RG-6 cables from satellite to receiver.
Nobody does! But you probably meant from dish antenna to receiver.

Yes, RG-6 is pretty much required. DP gear is bandstacked, which means both polarizations are present simutaneously on the coax, and everything (cables, barrels, plugs, etc) needs to be good to a little over 2GHz to pass the upper block of frequencies. I don't think RG-59 goes up that high.