61 and 72 switching...

Thanks for the reply. Although I was involved in FTA for a number of years, I was always confused by the shortcuts and other terms the really smart people used, such as "node". About the only satellite tech term I know is "LNB". About all I can do is find a satellite and point the dish. I have no idea what a "node" is, and if it's Dish-specific, I've only had Dish about a week, so there's that.
I don't have anything but the 1 hopper 2, no other receivers.
The day before yesterday when the channel was messed up, the tuner was on option (or tuner? 3) instead of 1, and changing back to 1 fixed that.
I thought maybe there was some conflict in programming that was causing this, and maybe someone else had experienced the same issue. At this point, it's probably better that I just document what's happening for a few days and let Dish fix their problem .

Here's a photo of a Dish Solo Node. This one is installed on the LNB arm of my portable dish so I only need a single coax run to my motorhome. The two connected coax are from two LNB ports, and the open "Host" port is where the coax that goes to our Hopper 2 connects. For my application, the unused "Client" port is terminated.

2018-07-10 09.51.21.jpg

Since this is only happening with one tuner, again I would check for a bad cable or a bad connector. If you know where the Solo Node is located, that would be a good place to start. The Solo Node would have two cables coming in from the dish, one cable coming out of the Host port (going to your Hopper) and another cable from the Client port to connect any Joeys (if you have Joeys). The cables coming in from the dish and going to the Hopper are the important ones to check here. If those connectors look good, the cables are tightened all the way, and you still have this issue, then the next step would be to replace the Solo Node, in case the Node itself is faulty. I have a couple of spare Solo Nodes available if you need one. Good luck.
Are you sure he has a node?? Or did I miss something? All Hopper installs use hubs now and he said his is a new install

Are you sure he has a node?? Or did I miss something? All Hopper installs use hubs now and he said his is a new install
My installer didn't get the memo, then. My installer put in a Solo Node to install a Hopper Duo. I was hoping the installer would put in a Solo Hub, so I would already have one when I am ready to upgrade to a Hopper 3. I was sadly disappointed. I just purchased a Solo Hub and a DPH42 switch with power inserter from Amazon. (It is not that the Hub costs a lot of money, it is just the principle of the thing.) Now, if I hear back from Rainy99 so I can purchase the Hopper 3 listed in the Classifieds section here, I'll be all set.

In any event, my advice about checking the cable connections is still the same, whether it is a Node or a Hub. The Hub just means one fewer cable to check.

My installer didn't get the memo, then. My installer put in a Solo Node to install a Hopper Duo. I was hoping the installer would put in a Solo Hub, so I would already have one when I am ready to upgrade to a Hopper 3. I was sadly disappointed. I just purchased a Solo Hub and a DPH42 switch with power inserter from Amazon. (It is not that the Hub costs a lot of money, it is just the principle of the thing.) Now, if I hear back from Rainy99 so I can purchase the Hopper 3 listed in the Classifieds section here, I'll be all set.

In any event, my advice about checking the cable connections is still the same, whether it is a Node or a Hub. The Hub just means one fewer cable to check.
Your installer did it wrong. There is no guide that shows anything but a Hub for a Hopper Duo and while it may work, it's not correct. Possibly he was out of hubs and improvised?

Your installer did it wrong. There is no guide that shows anything but a Hub for a Hopper Duo and while it may work, it's not correct. Possibly he was out of hubs and improvised?
I honestly think he got confused, and thought he was installing a Hopper 2 (Hopper With Sling). He gave me the instruction booklet that covers Hopper With Sling and Hopper 3 features, not the version for Hopper Duo.

• Sad
Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)