612 and 21.0 Remote

Have you matched the current remote address for the 612 (system info button on front panel)? Toggle switch in battery compartment to the correct setting (assuming you want UHF) ?

Do you have the antenna on the back of the receiver? I know Dish made the newer 612's ir. so I don't know if it'll work with a UHF remote anymore. You may need a 20.0.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeah the big thing is to make sure the antenna is on the back of the 612. Then be sure the number 1 is showing on remote at bottom. And switch next to batteries is on UHF. Then open up sys info and press record (sometimes need to press record a couple times) to make the 612 recognize you are using the remote in UHF so it changes automatically. Then your off and good to go. Test it out.

Sorry, I realize I did not give any details with my question but I figured out my own problem.

I was trying to setup my 21.0 remote to work in UHF mode with the 612 and it would not work. I flipped the Key from TV1 to TV2 on the remote and now it works with the 612. Seems a little odd that I have to use the TV2 key with a 612 since the 612 does not even have TV2 as an option. Regardless, it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts