612 Audio Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jon Giard

Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Walla Walla, WA
Hi,

Dish agreed to take back both 612 DVR's when I discovered they cause problems in my digital audio system. The optical audio out from Dish interrupts during channel switching and when using the DVR functions. This caused breakup in my external digital to analog converter (phase lock loop unlocking) in the form of a loud popping noise.
Another problem with the 612 audio circuit is the HD channels have half the volume output of the SD channels which requires constant adjusting to listen at a constant level.
The 211 receiver is a much better unit. It has a stronger digital output with none of the problems listed above. And the 211 OTA tuner is a more sensitive tuner than the 612 producing significantly higher signal strength readings than I got on the 612 for local channels.
So now I have the 211 receivers back in my system with no problems. I am going to add an external hard drive tomorrow to get the DVR functions.

Jon Giard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts