612 installed yesterday good performance so far

I got a 612 yesterday to replace my 211. So far so good. I actually figured out how to hook it up better than the tech. It is a decent looking box. I will report back periodically as to its performance. The menu is identical to the 622/722. The only thing that drove me nuts was that I had an 8-12 a.m. appt time and the tech decides to show up at 2:30 p.m. I am still waiting to hear back from Dish regarding that.
do you think it's possible you could have gotten thru your post without taking a swipe at the tech?
Did you bother to ask the tech why he ran late? Did his tardiness really effect your life alll that much?....To be fair, if I am running late I give my customers a heads up call.. But Jesus Christ, Lighten up will ya...

I do think I deserved the credit since I lost an entire day of work because of it. If the tech would be called me at 11:55 and said "hey I am going to be late due to a difficult install" I would have been thrilled! If E* wants to maintain good customer service and not lose subs then find installers that communicate. When the tech's sign a contract with E* they should have to guarantee communication with all other appointments on that day's schedule if they are running late. I work in the customer service business and if I do not communicate with my clients they will go elsewhere.
you lost an entire day of work..ok fine...but if the tech had called and said he running late ,you'd have lost an entire day of work anyway..BTW if the tech had shown up at 11.55 am which would have made him "on time". The job takes two hrs...you're still missing work...where's the difference?
Question: why did you not schedule the job for a day when you were off all day?
Keeping in mind again, that if it were my job, you'd have gotten a heads up call.....

You think your tech was late... I had A1 call me 3 times in the previous 24 hours to make sure I was home (which I was). The tech never showed up, and I waited all day. He showed up unannounced the following day, and before I could get back home and tell him to cease and desist, he had decabled my in-ground cable setup by mistake, taking down my Internet service and web-based business, and disabling all my phones. (That is when I discovered I had no cell phone service at my new residence.)

I never got a dime for that snafu.
that's out of control..I'd have been furious.

Maybe the OP wanted to get the job done as soon as possible and did not want to wait until a day he was off. Being the customer, he has the right to expect the tech to be there within a HALF DAY window. Or at least a phone call if the tech is going to be late.

Think of this, anyone working weird hours or afternoons or evenings should be able to schedule a morning install and expect the tech there in the morning. I work a 4pm-2am shift once in a while, and I would have no problem scheduling an install in the morning. If the tech showed up late and I had to take off work so I could get the install done that day, then DISH is going to here about it. I can't believe they gave you a credit though. Thats great!
this cuts both ways..I have seen instances where techs were running late and didn't bother to call....no good..then I have seen instances where the tech shows up on time and the customer informs the tech that they have one hour before they have to leave for the day....or try this one....when a tech shows up after confirming the job and the customer is no where to be found..The tech waits the required 30 mins and leaves ..The customer shows up an hour later and then bitches to Dish because the tech left....or the customer that complains a bout a no show but fails to see the note the tech left on the door and the message on their answering machine that he was there waiting for the customer to get home..
communication..it cuts both ways...
when someone is late and does not communicate, the system falls apart.,...bad for everybody.....Pick up the phone people(everybody)!!!!!

this cuts both ways..I have seen instances where techs were running late and didn't bother to call....no good..then I have seen instances where the tech shows up on time and the customer informs the tech that they have one hour before they have to leave for the day....or try this one....when a tech shows up after confirming the job and the customer is no where to be found..The tech waits the required 30 mins and leaves ..The customer shows up an hour later and then bitches to Dish because the tech left....or the customer that complains a bout a no show but fails to see the note the tech left on the door and the message on their answering machine that he was there waiting for the customer to get home..
communication..it cuts both ways...
when someone is late and does not communicate, the system falls apart.,...bad for everybody.....Pick up the phone people(everybody)!!!!!

Yeah, this is also B/S. What customers have to realize the same thing the techs/installers do. A persons time is valuable, and any changes or modifications that need to be done by one or the other need to be disclosed to the other party as soon as possible.

Also, with you guys complaining about making calls on your personal cell phone. First, addressing the caller ID situation, I am a police officer, I have to use my cell phone to call people all the time and believe me, the people I call are not the kind of people I want to have my number. My AT&T phone and everyone AT&T phone I have ever had allows you to turn block your number on a per call basis for no charge. Find it, use it. If you have another provider, check with them and see what options they offer for blocking your number on a per call basis. Or, have your caller ID blocked permenantly.

Second, I live in an area where most people have US Cellular because it still uses Anolog signal. Spotty analog signal and spotty digital signal make up my area. This won't work for everybody but if your phone has an external antenna port, USE IT! Get on ebay and buy a unpowered (or powered if you have the cash) external antenna for your car. If you work in a area with bad cell phone reception, its a must. I purchased one and has greatly enhanced my reception. People can't believe I have a AT&T phone because their service in my area without the antenna is terrible. The 30 dollar antenna saved me from a 250 termination fee.

Well FYI all I had done was to switch out a 211 with a 211 which took all of 5 minutes. I don't know why Dish will not let you DIY on something like that. I am sure it is due to the fact that a majority of the people out there would have no clue what they are doing.

Why not schedule something on a day you don't work? In my life I have never seen such a fuss. I can see this is futile with all the +1s in agreement. Just give it away. And I can imagine that ceo email addy drying up because everyone and their brother uses it for such important matters.

Many people have to use time off or take time without pay. They schedule it for 4 hrs in the am and if ANY service person shows up late as in having to take eight hours off it costs the customer money or vacation time.

Many businesses frown of staff taking the time and when someone says they need the morning off they will grudgingly give it. When they then don't show up or call back and say they must take the rest of the day off the boss may be very unhappy. It can damage an employee/employer relations.

From your attitude you don't have that issue. I happen to be in a position where I can take all the time I need and it doesn't cost me time or money. I am fortunate. Many MANY others are not so fortunate.

Well FYI all I had done was to switch out a 211 with a 211 which took all of 5 minutes. I don't know why Dish will not let you DIY on something like that. I am sure it is due to the fact that a majority of the people out there would have no clue what they are doing.
Because for every one of you there are 500 people who are clueless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts