612 receivers with 722

cheezehead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
I was wondering this question concerning what equipment would be needed. I would like to get a 722 and 2 612's. What else would be needed above and beyond the dish 1000 as far as switches. can you hook up these 3 receivers without the need for other equipment. I believe three receivers each need two sat inputs.

Just wondering?

If you have a 1000.2 dish, the LNB will have three outputs that can be used for up to three dual tuners without any additional equipment. If you;re in an area that uses the 61.5 for HD programming, you'll need a DPP44 switch, which can feed up to 4 dual tuner receivers with no problems. You can run just one satellite feed to each of those receivers and Separate them at the receiver, but you MUST use Dish Pro Plus LNB's/switches.

So is the 612 considered a dual tuner or a single tuner in regards to ordering new service. Can a customer get a 722 and two 612's for example when ordering new service with the specials where you see 4 tuners installed for free.

So is the 612 considered a dual tuner or a single tuner in regards to ordering new service. Can a customer get a 722 and two 612's for example when ordering new service with the specials where you see 4 tuners installed for free.

You can get the 722 and two 612's, but the 612's will run you $99 each. The 612 is a dual tuner, but for only 1 TV.

Advantage Of 612 Over 722

What is the advantage of 612 over 722? Is there a monthly price difference or is the only difference the upfront costs? Just don't understand the logic? I have 622 already hooked up to 2 HDTVs and am getting a 3rd TV and was thinking 722 unless I am missing something about the 612.

If you have a 1000.2 dish, the LNB will have three outputs that can be used for up to three dual tuners without any additional equipment. If you;re in an area that uses the 61.5 for HD programming, you'll need a DPP44 switch, which can feed up to 4 dual tuner receivers with no problems. You can run just one satellite feed to each of those receivers and Separate them at the receiver, but you MUST use Dish Pro Plus LNB's/switches.

The 44 switch wouldn't be needed for three twin tuners. The 4th port on the 1000.2 will handle a wing dish - cheaper than a dpp44.

fred.

What is the advantage of 612 over 722? Is there a monthly price difference or is the only difference the upfront costs? Just don't understand the logic? I have 622 already hooked up to 2 HDTVs and am getting a 3rd TV and was thinking 722 unless I am missing something about the 612.
The only difference I've seen is that it's cheaper for Dish to make the 612 without the second TV outputs. Other than that, I'd probably spring for a 722 before a 612 if I had the choice and $$.

Fred: Oh yeah. You know, as many of those as I install and use that input (One DMA around here uses 148 for locals), I forget about it often. XD

The only difference I've seen is that it's cheaper for Dish to make the 612 without the second TV outputs. Other than that, I'd probably spring for a 722 before a 612 if I had the choice and $$.

Fred: Oh yeah. You know, as many of those as I install and use that input (One DMA around here uses 148 for locals), I forget about it often. XD

Well I understand it being cheaper from DISHs perspective but what advantage is their to customers?

Well i think i would like the 612's since i have three HDTV's and 1 SD TV. I then could have a DVR on all of them. I could save some cash and go with 2 722's but then I would have only HD on two TV's except for the antenna with locals on the third. I think that would be the logic in the setup for me unless i am missing something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)