612 recording /playback problem

carvedheart

Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
new mexico
I have had a ViP612 for two months now and mostly it records and plays back just fine. However, on occasion a program will seemingly record OK, but on playback it ends prematurely after just a few minutes. Most recently I tried to record the Wimbledon finals, which was scheduled from 7am to 1pm. When I scheduled the recording (by pressing Select in the program guide) it had correct start and end times. When I looked in at 10am, the recording showed it had stopped and had a 1:30 duration. On playback, it ran for 10 minutes or so and stopped. Very frustrating! Am I doing something wrong when scheduling programs? My software version is L603.

Quick non-definitive response: I have observed no such problem on either of my VIP612's. But I have never scheduled a recording for longer than 1.5 hrs. I speculate that a dying disk could cause such symptoms. Are your regular recordings (less than 1.5 hrs) recording and playing back OK?

I have had a ViP612 for two months now and mostly it records and plays back just fine. However, on occasion a program will seemingly record OK, but on playback it ends prematurely after just a few minutes. Most recently I tried to record the Wimbledon finals, which was scheduled from 7am to 1pm. When I scheduled the recording (by pressing Select in the program guide) it had correct start and end times. When I looked in at 10am, the recording showed it had stopped and had a 1:30 duration. On playback, it ran for 10 minutes or so and stopped. Very frustrating! Am I doing something wrong when scheduling programs? My software version is L603.

I have had this happen a couple of times a few months back, but since then all has been good

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts