622 - 2 dish connections on 1 cable

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

I asked a while back about diplexers and stackers, etc. Didn't get much answered, but, I changed what I was doing.

I bought a 622. I only have 4 wires to my dish, from my house. 2 are used for my 9200 BEV DVR, 1 is used for DVB and 1 is used for Dish. They are over 300' away from my house. And are buried, but now covered by a huge decki/hot tub gazebo combination, so I cannot run any more wires without a ton of work.

The 622 needs 2 wires for 2 tuners. I do have slots on my multiswitch for another connection 110/119 (My 61.5 comes into the basement from another location, 250' past my neighbors yard, with 2 wires). The 110/119 wire and 61.5 wire are connected with a sw-21 in my basement and sent to the rcvr. Works fine

To get the second 110/119, I used a STACKER. 2 sat signals are stacked (note, not diplexed, but physically frequency converted so they don't overlap) onto 1 wire. At the other end, I DESTACKED them, back to 2 110/119 wires, where both are then merged with the 61.5 and 2 sw-21 switches.

I plugged all this in and expected fire :devil: :eek: but to my surprise, ran check switch in the 622 and it sees them both fine, and both tuners work fine!!

Now, the stacker/destacker is pricey ($325 or so), but does work well if you can't run another cable for any reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts