622/222 operation question...

cbstv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Long Island, NY
does the 'tv2' tuner/control by accessed by IR??? or is it just RF??? I know that 'tv1' can be accessed by either IR or RF, but is 'tv2' somewhat selectable with a different remote address code? I have an IR repeater with my current bedroom system (universal remote) that needs to talk to the 622 via IR.

well yeah, since i don't have one yet. I base it on having read the specs on the 622 and having owned a 522 for a while which is basically the same configuration minus the HD part.

Scott Greczkowski said:
TV2 is IR only, TV one can be controlled by IR or UHF. :)

Scott you got that backwards.. TV2 is UHF.. because its a modulated frequency that can go through walls (makes sence)... Tv1 is IR as IR needs line of sight to the box. or you can use UHF.. :)

okay then, if I want to control the 622/222 from another room via IR repeater as part of another remote control.... can it be done? (scratches head) Can I even use an alternate remote control for TV2???

TV2 is only UHF. The UHF pro remote has a good long range, I can control my 942 from anywhere in my house.

In addition I believe Dish sells a IR to UHF kit which would let you use any universal remote you aim the remote at this box and it converts the IR to UHF.

I believe Harmony has a remote coming out that can do UHF.

BTW Welcome CBSTV, good having you hear. I look forward to your posts at AVS. :)

I would then have to have the IR to RF box in the line of sight of the universal remote. how is the range?

Scott Greczkowski said:
TV2 is only UHF. The UHF pro remote has a good long range, I can control my 942 from anywhere in my house.

In addition I believe Dish sells a IR to UHF kit which would let you use any universal remote you aim the remote at this box and it converts the IR to UHF.

I believe Harmony has a remote coming out that can do UHF.

BTW Welcome CBSTV, good having you hear. I look forward to your posts at AVS. :)

would the following scenario possibly work:
-use the IR repeater as I want to (from room to room)
-place an IR emitter on the IR to UHF box, as well as the IR eye of the 622
-TV1 operating through IR
-TV2 operating through UHF through the IR to UHF converter box

any input appreciated

Ok below is a photo of what you need. (Click on the picture to see it bigger)

In addition I have uploaded the users manual to the server so you can see how this all works and if it meets your needs.

Download the manual from http://www.satelliteguys.us/IR-to-UHF_Manual.pdf

Hope this helps and once again welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Attachments

• IR-to-UHF.jpg
    IR-to-UHF.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 128
thanks... but this box is for converting IR TO UHF. I need UHF TO IR. Does this box 'work both ways' so to speak? The manual says nothing about IR to UHF. (pointing my IR remote at it and having it transmit UHF signals to the sat receiver, not using the included UHF pro remote). thanks again.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok below is a photo of what you need. (Click on the picture to see it bigger)

In addition I have uploaded the users manual to the server so you can see how this all works and if it meets your needs.

Download the manual from http://www.satelliteguys.us/IR-to-UHF_Manual.pdf

Hope this helps and once again welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Last edited:
thanks, but the RF is dedicated from the remore control hand unit to a UHF to IR converter box that attaches to the IR sensor of the 622.