622/722 EHD wake from sleep mode seems to have been fixed.

I notice that my Seagate drive "woke up" when normally I would have had to disconect it and reconnect it.

Can anyone else confirm this this?

If you're referring to the EHD itself having sleep mode then here's some good advice for you.

Seagate Technology

Learn how to turn off sleep mode.

Sleep mode should NEVER be active as it causes a lot of issues with Dish equipment. Ultimately, you'll be better off in the end.

If you're referring to the EHD itself having sleep mode then here's some good advice for you.

Seagate Technology

Sleep mode should NEVER be active as it causes a lot of issues with Dish equipment. Ultimately, you'll be better off in the end.

Thank you but if its FIXED then there is nolonger a need to turn sleep mode off.

Can anyone else confirm?

Thank you but if its FIXED then there is nolonger a need to turn sleep mode off.

Can anyone else confirm?

To my knowledge, there's not been a "fix" for it. As it's been explicitly stated in every piece of literature that if sleep mode is available it needs to be turned off. It will continue to cause issues, as far as I'm aware.

To my knowledge, there's not been a "fix" for it. As it's been explicitly stated in every piece of literature that if sleep mode is available it needs to be turned off. It will continue to cause issues, as far as I'm aware.

Thank you for sharing YOUR knowlodge...

Now...can anyone else confirm what I am experiencing?

I heard that seagate has a firmware update to correct this issue, I haven't updated mine. If you have not updated then the EHD can wake up and depending on how long it has been in sleep mode it will function. If you haven't reset it yet, the best way to check if it is working 100% is to try to send a event from your dvr to the seagate if you don't get an error message than it might be OK. You also won't be able to restore anything back to the dvr, but you can play an event from the EHD but will not have the same control as when it's working right. Also when it stays in sleep mode too long it will still wake up but your event list will be blank:eek: I've had a lot of experience with these drives, but for different reasons and uses. you can check out some of my posts on this drive, here's one from today,
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ssions/171475-backing-up-your-recordings.html
as far as I know mine is still having the sleep issue as I was able to check it today and make copies with it still the same as always. If yours is fixed, I sure hope they don't fix mine.

I don't think that it is fixed. I noticed that at times you can "manage" the FreeAgent Pro, but you cannot "Send to" it without restarting the drive.

As far as the firmware that E* refers to, I is really the utility that allows you to manage the sleep mode as well as a number of other drive parameters.

If there is a firmware update that allows the drive to spin down when not inuse I would like to know. For the time being I power off the drive when I am done with it.

I can confirm that it hasn't been fixed. I just added a Seagate 1.5 TB drive to my collection. I did this reluctantly because of this long outstanding problem, but the drive was available for $110 at costco. That was less than any the drives I saw.

Still can't figure out why these drives are different than some of my other WD drives which do spin down while connected to dish receivers. Since this drive has problems coming back after spinning down, I quess I need to download the Seagate utility to change it.

Seagate Technology

I have a WD My Book 500gb external drive on my VIP622, it goes to sleep, and wakes up just fine everytime. I've never had any issue with it.. Must be Seagate only problem..

Thank you for sharing YOUR knowlodge...

Now...can anyone else confirm what I am experiencing?

You can continue to be arrogant or you can read what I wrote again.

The "fix" that is being pushed through right now is not a fix at all.

As it states in the literature, do not keep sleep mode active if you want it to run seamlessly.

The "fix" is still beta and has been having some serious issues as of late. You don't have to listen to me but I am in the know on this particular issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)