622/722 Remote Question

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Don't shoot me if this has been discussed elsewhere, I wasn't having any luck with this specific question with the search feature.

I'm having Dish installed again next Friday. I'm getting a 722 put in. My plan is to hook the HDMI up to our main TV upstairs and then run component down to my projector in the basement for the occasions when we want to watch a TV show (like Lost or Battlestar) on the big screen.

My question is this. I know both TV1 can accept IR and UHF, but it can it accept both at the same time. If I keep an IR remote (my Harmony) on the main floor to use with it, and then put a UHF remote in the theater downstairs, will that work? I'm having a hard time trying to confirm that either way.

I'm planning on distributing the TV2 signal out to my other SD TV's in the house using my existing wiring, so of course those would all be UHF for TV2. I just need to know if I can have a second UHF remote working in conjunction with my main IR remote on TV1. Thanks in advance.

Don't shoot me if this has been discussed elsewhere, I wasn't having any luck with this specific question with the search feature.

I'm having Dish installed again next Friday. I'm getting a 722 put in. My plan is to hook the HDMI up to our main TV upstairs and then run component down to my projector in the basement for the occasions when we want to watch a TV show (like Lost or Battlestar) on the big screen.

My question is this. I know both TV1 can accept IR and UHF, but it can it accept both at the same time. If I keep an IR remote (my Harmony) on the main floor to use with it, and then put a UHF remote in the theater downstairs, will that work? I'm having a hard time trying to confirm that either way.

I'm planning on distributing the TV2 signal out to my other SD TV's in the house using my existing wiring, so of course those would all be UHF for TV2. I just need to know if I can have a second UHF remote working in conjunction with my main IR remote on TV1. Thanks in advance.

The answer is YES, no problem, but the receiver must be in single mode. You'd just use the TV2 (UHF) remote or pick up another one. Of course the SD TV's would only be able to view the same thing---everyone will probably be in the "theater" anyway.:) Guess you know that both HDMI and component outputs are "hot" at the same time so you'll have HD in the theater room as well. Hope this helps.

Ed

Thanks, that answers all my questions. I can just flip it over to Single Use mode and go downstairs...not a big deal at all.

Yes the 6.3 uhf pro remote with the green tab with the # 1 in black would allow you to controll tv 1 in dual mode uhf.

So, I'm guess this is what I'm looking for then.

BRAND NEW DISHNETWORK 6.2/6.3 IR/UHF PRO/LEGACY REMOTE - (eBay item 120166491378 end time Oct-04-07 16:49:55 PDT)

Is there a better place to buy extra remotes? Perhaps from one of the forum sponsors? Or is ebay the best place to look.

The 6.3 (IR/UHF) is the TV2 remote with BOTH the 622 and the 722. What concerns me is the mention of 6.2 and no listing of the 622/722 from that eBay offer. Maybe the 6.2 would be fine, I just dunno. What really would bug me is the $14.99 shipping charge. I'd get one from The Dish Store. With a reasonable shipping charge it probably wouldn't be that much more and they have an excellent reputation here.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)