622 and Dish 1000

matthewrigdon

Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
So i have had a 622 for some time now and my old one started giving me problems, well I got a new one and at the same time added a 722 to my account because they gave it to me for free, so I have two receivers. I have not been in my own place so I could only setup one receiver because the dish had to be on the other end of the house that I am in. Well i recently picked up a dish 1000 with the dish pro dual and a dish pro plus twin lnbf on craigslist so i could get the other receiver operating at the same time by putting that dish closer to my side of the house (less cables, etc). I have positioned the dish and everything seems to be set according to the specs, however i am not getting reception on any satellite and when i run a check switch i get the 530 error "One of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly" I have verified they are but for some reason it says it is not. Would using the wrong type of coax cable connecting the twin and dual play into this problem. Here is what i get on the installation summary screen.

[ Satellite Input 1 ] [ Satellite Input 2 ]
Port [ 1 ][ 2 ][ 3 ] [ 1 ][ 2 ][ 3 ]
Satellite [ Conn ][ Conn ][ Conn ] [ Conn ][ Conn ][ Conn ]
Trans [ X ][ X ][ X ] [ X ][ X ][ X ]
Device [ Twin ][ Twin ][ Dual ] [ Twin ][ Twin ][ Dual ]
Status [ Reception ERROR ] [ Reception ERROR ]
Switch [ DPP Twin w/ Separator ] [ DPP Twin w/ Separator ]

Please Help

I am not picking up signal on any of the satellites. I am pretty certain i am pointing in the right direction and it seems that nothing is in the way.

You need to get an adaquate signal strength on all three satellites, if you do not you cannot and will not get any channels. Your dish need to be pointed correctly, the numbers given are a starting point and you have to tweak them into the proper location. Also, make sure the mast is level before you start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)