622 and external hdd

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
Any body know what is going on with external hdd drive support for the dish dvr 622?
I am out of room now and I dont know what the F&*k I am going to do????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Im lost need help????? Echostar???? Are you there??????

Of course they are not there.... :D

they said "fall" earlier this summer, and it is officially fall, but I figure they will surprise us someday when we have long given up hope of ever getting it, and even then they'll make us pay $100 more than we should have to in order to get a Dish-branded HDD. :( :(

Guess, you'll need to start deleting programs...

I just hope it doesn't repeat the firewire fiasco (they realize they can't guarantee the security of the signal and feature disappears).

I too am perpetually out of space and anxiously waiting for external HDD support. But, in reality, for me, more space just means more stuff stacked up I'll never have time to watch.

Of course they are not there.... :D

they said "fall" earlier this summer, and it is officially fall, but I figure they will surprise us someday when we have long given up hope of ever getting it, and even then they'll make us pay $100 more than we should have to in order to get a Dish-branded HDD. :( :(

Guess, you'll need to start deleting programs...

25 HD hours is not enough space to store movies, concerts etc. I can already see space is going to be a problem and we've only been set up a few weeks. I've read on other posts about several people losing everything on their DVR during system updates, crashes etc, so in addition to having extra capacity, a back up system should be a necessity.

Does anyone know someone who has successfully put in a bigger drive or attached a working external device or inline HD DVD Recorder?

I'm with you...I'm getting a bit impatient and am tired of deleting content.

That's why I'm starting to ponder/explore the R50000 mod option to allow archiving (actually, direct recording) to D-Vhs.

I don't believe we will ever see this. They have been talking a good game for many years for various models. I've had a box from my Cable company that has allowed external drive storage for about 3 years now. It really isn't that complicated.

I don't believe we will ever see this. They have been talking a good game for many years for various models. I've had a box from my Cable company that has allowed external drive storage for about 3 years now. It really isn't that complicated.

That's what I don't understand...why do the mysterious "rules" that govern cable box functionality and fair use seemingly not apply in the sat world. Firewire and now this. Ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)