622 and OTA problems

dennis12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Hi, My name is Dennis and i am a newbi at this forum. I got a 622 yesterday and I hope someone can tell me what i am doing wrong. I have tried to scan my OTA signals in but i keep getting no channels found. I had a dish 6000 before this and i had no problem at all. I called dish a couple of times to talk to different tecks and they dont know why its not pulling in the channels. They suggest i have a bad box. I though i read here about some people also having this problem. One said something about having to manuley put the channels in. How do you do this? Is there anything else i am doing wrong? Any advice would be great. Thank You, Dennis

I have never had that problem with OAT, I eat it all the time!

actually I have heard of some of the new boxes coming in with bad tuners, might need a new one!, or a wire could be hooked up wrong, or///

Have you tried manually entering the frequency for a given channel rather than scanning? Go to the following site and click Choose Antenna and then enter your zip code. Then go into your install menu for OTA channels on your 622 and try manually entering the frequency number

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

622 & Ota

I had the same problem when I did the first scan and only found 2 channels. I changed the Air, Cable, Off settings in the Modulator set up and was able to find all the locals like I had on the 942. I still don't know what settings they should be on though as the manual and advance tech don't know either...I am still missing the local PBS guide info that the 942 was able to show. Hopefully it needs more time to download the guid data.

Like i said i am kind of a newbi with this equipment. When you said to manually enter the information, just quite how do you do this. Do you use your remote somehow. what steps do you take. Thanks, Dennis

Select second field from top in center 'Add Locals', select transmit number, when signal locks select done. Repeat till you have all your local ota. Note: you need to know the actual channel number. Not the mapped down number. Sounds like you should be refering to your manual.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)