622 and Tivo - need help!

cbagman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
My first post so I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I had my 622 installed yesterday - installer replaced my superdish with a dish 1000 (Richmond, VA). Very happy with the install - the new receiver is great and the HD channels are amazing! I have a couple of TiVo's in house - one is connected to a 322 which is working just fine. The other is connected to my HDTV (I would like it to be anyway). I figured I could hook up the tivo through the (622) TV 2 outputs - send all SD recording through the TiVo and use the 622 for HD recording only. I am pretty good at hooking these things up but am having trouble.

Currrently, I have my 622 hooked up to my Samsung 56" DLP via the HDMI cable - this works fine. I have the Tivo hooked up via the 622 TV2 outputs - then back to the TV on a different input. When I switch to the Tivo input on the TV, all I can see is"Congratulations, you have a Dish 1000". I cannot get off of this screen. I have tried working it out in Single and Dual mode but can't seem to come up with a proper fix.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Please help! Thanks!

I did and it is not working. I hooked up the attenuator (sp?) to the back of the 622 but am not getting any response when I use UHF#2 remote. I do have a a picture through my Tivo but cannot seem to change channels with my Tivo remote. I think this is more of a TiVo issue. If you can think of anything else, please let me know. I appreciate your quick response volkodav.

You won't be able to change channels with your Tivo remote. I don't think TV2 can be controlled by IR blasters. Hook up TV2 directly to a TV and see if the UHF remote (#2) controls it properly. If so, you'll need to set the "reminder-tune to" on TV2 on the ViP622, AND the Tivo must be set up as a timer to record.

What attenuator?

Or do I misunderstand your situation?

navychop, you do understand my situation and I appreciate your help. I was trying to use the 622 on one HDTV. The input for TV1 for the HDTV (through HDMI) and the TiVo setup on the TV2 output. But if the TiVo remote cannot change channels via IR, my Tivo is basically useless. If I'm going to have to setup a manual timer for each recording to the TiVo box, it's a waste of time. I wonder why Dish Network would setup the 622 this way - or is it setup this way so that you cannot use TiVo? I wonder...

I won't be connecting another TV to the 622 at this time, so the UHF#2 remote is a non issue for me.

Thanks again!

You've hit the nail on the head. The problem is that the Tivo can't control the box via UHF. If I was you, I'd just sell the Tivo on E-bay, you really don't need it since you've got the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)