622 Arrived

ibskiing

Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
Well just rec'd my 622 yesterday, the install is scheduled for Tuesday (March 7th).

I currently have a 625 running in Dual Mode, with Locals (two antenna's, I know one is a 500) and a 508. Also, I do receive DT OTA.

I doubt I have the 44, but not sure.

Is there anything I can do before the install? I've read here if you try and activate they will probably reschedule the install.

Thanks, Jim...

Similar question to OP

Reveived my 622 today via UPS with 3/11 install. Located the installer but they have nothing earlier.

I know there is no point in trying to activate it before the install as I only have a Dish 500

My question is this: If I hook it up can I test it out on a demo channel or some other way prior to the install. I'd hate to have the installer come out and find I have a dead 622 (that happened to me 2 years ago with my 811)

thanks in advance for any replies

TC

You can hook it up and get it the latest software downloaded, scan for (but not view) you OTA HD locals, and watch channel 101 all you want.

I hooked mine up the morning of my install - all the installer had to do was upgrade the actual dish and activate it.

He didn't even install a 1000 (not on workorder) he instead combined the feeds of my 500 and an old 300 (previously unused) byt puttin gnew LNBs on both an aiming the appropriately at 110, 119, and 129.

I think you'd be fine to go ahead and hook it up temporarily for testing, then put it away until the installer comes.

Thanks for the reply

Did hook it up last night and all worked just fine. got the software download and program guide, so all is ready for next Saturday.

The installer tells me that the workorder specifies a Dish 1000 and a DPP 44 switch. I asked them to bring 2 additional separators. I will definitely need one more as the Dish will feed a total of 3 dual tuner receivers

TC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)