622 - Bad TV2 Modulator

hrxtreme

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Castle Rock, CO
Just moved recently. Had the installer out today to setup at the new house. We'd never used the 622's TV2 Modulator but now want to. Well, it's broken and the installer told me that the only thing I can do, since I own it, is buy a new 622! Is this true?

Everything is set correctly, nothings coming out... make's me wish I had a portable spectrum analyzer at home... I'd look at it myself.

Set your modulator to a channel above UHF to ensure no confusion. Try channel 115. Then put the TV on that channel. If it won't go that high, then it might be tuned to the UHF band and not the Cable band. Use a test piece of coax and bypass house wiring and all other parts. If this doesn't work, try another TV to be certain.

As far as you owning the receiver, you can sign up for DHPP and they should cover your equipment. My understanding is that DHPP pretty much takes care of any problem, regardless of who's problem it is.

Just moved recently. Had the installer out today to setup at the new house. We'd never used the 622's TV2 Modulator but now want to. Well, it's broken and the installer told me that the only thing I can do, since I own it, is buy a new 622! Is this true?

Connect a cable from the home distribtion directly to the tv it is connected to. I assume it's an HD tv, so connect it to the antenna input, and select that input on the tv. If you don't know how to change the antenna type(cable, or air, or antenna), Go into the modulator setup on the dish and select "air 60".

Now check the following channels for a picture......22,60,73, or 116.

If you've done everything I said here correctly, and you still don't have a picture, it is possible that the TV2 output is bad or weak.
I would check that 2nd TV2's coax input and see if it's loose or something.

A bad TV2 output is HIGHLY unlikely.

My TV2 modulator failed also. It was working fine than one day it just died. They have to send me a replacement 622. Luckily mine is leased and have home protection, so it didn't cost me anything.

You could buy your own modulator and connect it to TV2 AV output.

Sign up for DHPP and report the problem to Dish. they will replace the receiver for a small fee ($15 I think).

Sign up for DHPP and report the problem to Dish. they will replace the receiver for a small fee ($15 I think).

For leased receiver with DHPP, there is no fee to replace. They only charge a small fee if they have to send someone out to do it, but if you are replacing it yourself, it is free. I am not sure about owned receiver though.

I had a CSR tell me that DHPP covers anything branded by Dish, owned or not. Not sure if it's, true, but they replaced it for me.

This was via the online chat.

If not, try a different CSR.

Got the modulator issue resolved, but in the mean time, we are unpacking our house and I came across this RCA to RF Modulator which takes in RCA inputs and outputs them on a 3/4 coaxial line. Knowing my RCA outputs for TV2 work I hooked it up and tried it. Picture upstairs in the play room is clear as day... Even if I didn't have this piece, apparently you can get it for under $15. Sweet. Good temporary solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)