622 Blank Recording Issue

dsmithpdx

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Hi all,

So I just got my 622 installed on Saturday, and last night I had my first significant problem with it. I had it set to record a show on an OTA HD channel (FOX). It appeared to be working, and I was able to watch the show live while it recorded it. However, when I went to playback the recorded show, all I had was a black screen and no sound. After searching this forum, I have found a few others that have also experienced this problem, but no answer to this question: Is there a way to recover this recording, or am I simply SOL? I did find a thread on another forum that indicated that this problem may only occur when recording from an OTA channel, so for now I am going to only record from the SD locals. :(

If anyone knows of a way to recover the recording, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I also have a newb question: How do you reboot the 622???

Thanks much,
Doug

What was the length of the recording when you went back to play it? Did you tell it to resume or start over when playing it back.

Record the OTA recording and the SD off the satellite. I'll bet it might not happen again...

The length of the recording is 2:03, which is correct. I tried resuming and starting over...

gdarwin said:
What was the length of the recording when you went back to play it? Did you tell it to resume or start over when playing it back.

I don't have a 622, but when this problem was occurring on the 942 a soft reboot always solved the problem for me.

I had basically the same issue recording That 70's Show on FOX OTA HD. I was recording and watching it. When I went to play it back, all I got was a blank screen. I also noticed that it should have been listed at 30 minutes, but was showing as 90 minutes. It did this once more with another recording that should have shown as 30 minutes, but was shown as being 120 minutes and blank screen during playback. I'm gonna do some more testing, but at this point it seems to go wrong if I'm viewing while recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts