622 can't delete recorded programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

omeletpants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Just got the 622 and it won't let me delete a pre-recorded program while it's playing. It forces me to replay the entire program until finished before it lets me delete.

Good idea, but I don't know why I should have to do that. Tivo lets you delete at anytime.

It will let you delete that program if you play another, but as long as the program is active it is locked for deletion. This is so that someone on TV2 can't delete your show while you are watching it on TV1.

Stop the recording, go back to live TV. Press the DVR button twice and highlight the to be deleted event. A selection will pop up that lets you choose start over on the top and below is delete.

Thanks guys, just a case of getting used to the 622. There are a couple of other annoying little things:

1) Would be nice if the guide indicated if a show is in HD

2) Wish it would respect my decision to delete a recorded program rather than asking me a few times if I'm sure

3) When using the 30 second skip it would be nice to see the progress bar to know where I'm at in the recording and how much time is left.

Small complaints when you consider it's the best picture I have seen on HD and SD and the guide is not turtle slow like the Tivo

omeletpants said:
Thanks guys, just a case of getting used to the 622. There are a couple of other annoying little things:

1) Would be nice if the guide indicated if a show is in HD

2) Wish it would respect my decision to delete a recorded program rather than asking me a few times if I'm sure

3) When using the 30 second skip it would be nice to see the progress bar to know where I'm at in the recording and how much time is left.

Small complaints when you consider it's the best picture I have seen on HD and SD and the guide is not turtle slow like the Tivo

1.) Some shows do, It all depends on what dish gets from the programmer :)

2.) Its a fail safe to really make sure you want to delete it and didnt accedently hit the delete button. It should only ask once.. (mine does)

3.) That would be nice, Good Idea :)

Also if you have a big screen hdtv you might want to check out the extended guide with or without video in the systems menus 6, 8, 2 on your remote. The Extended (primtime) guide is nice.. I use it on my 32 inch hdtv and like it very much ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts