622 completely locked up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cdh1000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
OK, i think i have a similar error to everyone else L511 software error...but mine seems worse.

i have software L512. don't know when it came thru.

Last nite around 10:00 pm, it started flashing the 002 error (lost signal) back and forth about 3 times per second. In between Error flashes, i would see video and audio of the channel i was on.

I can even change channels, and it continues flashing that particular channel and Satellite # are lost. But the correct video and audio are flashing in the background as well.

Hard boots, warm boots, nothing has worked. As soon as it goes thru the satellite acquisition cycle, it goes STRAIGHT into the Error flash cycle. i can't get to any menu or diagnostic.

Anybody have any tricks? is there any resets that can be done during Sat acquisition (the only stable moment during bootup).

If Dish comes out, do i need to undo the OTA that installed on the dish?

just tried that with Dish Service...hit menu button during Sat acquisition. Check Switch went fine, all signals good.

did a Program Guide Download, and then back to the same locked up Error loop.

Here's the kicker: they wanted me to pay for someone to come out and take a look at it($50). that seems like complete bull. i told her no thanks. but, i don't really have a backup plan.

i'm not going to pay a dime for their screwed up equipment or software. any advice? go to Direct?

Dunno if its related or not, but my 622 has been doing a constant reboot again. Used to have this problem months ago and it seemed to "fix" itself.

one more tidbit. when i change to OTA channels, it does the same error flicker, only with different eror message 738 (lost off air signal.)

i'm pretty sure this box is hosed. i just need to figure out a way to get Dish to send me a new one without costing me money.

Try either: delete all OTA channels, or reset to factory defaults, maybe one of those will "unlock" it.

Did the factory Reset. It worked BUT....check switch shows 'reduced satellites' first time. saved those settings just to see if i could view, and YES, tv works. added local channels and they do not have program guide info, but they do work. External HDD does not recognize either.

ran check switch again, and it shows 'problem' on Satellite 2. so, i don't have second input working now. Nothing has changed on the connections.

i'm unplugging all day while at work and will try again tonite.

What does this check switch problem mean now, given history above?

thanks to anyone's help, i'm a novice at this, and rely on this message board. obviously, CSR last nite didn't know about Factory Reset, like you guys do.

Without inputs

Did the factory Reset. It worked BUT....check switch shows 'reduced satellites' first time. saved those settings just to see if i could view, and YES, tv works. added local channels and they do not have program guide info, but they do work. External HDD does not recognize either.

ran check switch again, and it shows 'problem' on Satellite 2. so, i don't have second input working now. Nothing has changed on the connections.

i'm unplugging all day while at work and will try again tonite.

What does this check switch problem mean now, given history above?

thanks to anyone's help, i'm a novice at this, and rely on this message board. obviously, CSR last nite didn't know about Factory Reset, like you guys do.

Try running a check switch without any inputs connected. It will show as all errors on all sats. But after doing that hook everything back up and do the check switch again. Then see if it is showing the sat 2 problem. This sometimes resets the VIP's memory.

Try running a check switch without any inputs connected. It will show as all errors on all sats. But after doing that hook everything back up and do the check switch again. Then see if it is showing the sat 2 problem. This sometimes resets the VIP's memory.

Exactly what I was gonna suggest.

Exactly what I was gonna suggest.

Well that didn't work. NO change in the situation. it appears i have bad hardware.

One other thing i tried: i disconnected the DP Separator that goes into Sat 1 and Sat 2 inputs. connected single line directly to Sat 2, ran Check Switch, and the SAt 2 showed Good. (all runs today with spliter, Sat 2 shows no sats.)

So, is it possible that Separator is going flaky, causing all these problems?

i have the dish 1000 with the quad LnBs. not sure of the right terminology. i assume this is all the right setup, i haven't touched it since Dish installed it a year ago. been working fine until this week.

service tech came out and replaced everything but the box, and still had same symptoms. so, i got me a new 722, and everything is working fine. old 622 went bad.

the strange thing is how the factory reset gave it completely different failures and sympoms.

service tech came out and replaced everything but the box, and still had same symptoms. so, i got me a new 722, and everything is working fine. old 622 went bad.

the strange thing is how the factory reset gave it completely different failures and sympoms.

It's a little late to help you 'cause you've got a shiny new 722, but if the 722 should start to do it try this (I believe they have the same software) 'cause I had the same problem & fixed it this way...

tempVAdish said:
While trying to watch MIB 2 on TBS (sat 61.5), the problem became worse. The pop ups were much more frequent, about every 20-30 seconds. This became very annoying, so here's what I did. I wanted to see if both tuners would do this, so I turned on the PIP. Well, what did I see in the PIP? My OTA... For about the last 30 45 days or so, the OTA around here has been suffering from "ducting", all kinds of crap trying to come in because of the weather, which has resulted in co-channeling & dropouts on my local OTA.

I did a PIP swap & put the OTA in the main window & saw the signal strength was about 70-71 (this on the same channel that I usually get 90+ on) and fluctuating, dropping out about the same rhythm as TBS HD and the others (including playback of recorded items on DVR). I changed channel to a different channel, a satellite channel, and lo & behold, this thing has not lost signal yet!!!! even with the -6 to -7 LNB drift, have not had a problem.

Lesson Learned to share with everyone here: Do not leave the PIP source set for OTA, if you get signal loss in that configuration, you will get the pop up for signal lost on what ever satellite you are tuned to, even if you are watching DVR!!!

btw, this also fixed the problem with the unit locking up trying to get to the Point Dish screen that I mentioned earlier....

I'm sure glad I got this one figured out, hope this helps someone else on here!!!