622: Component outputs losing sync?

mloebl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Haven't figured out yet if this is a TV or 622 issue, but from the couple of times I see it I'm guessing it's the 622. I've had the receiver now since the 622s were first released so it's an old one, however the issue only started over the last couple of weeks. Essentially what happens is I'll be sitting there watching a channel (doesn't matter if it's HD or not) the video will start to flicker a bit, then almost look like it's losing vhold and then after a few seconds the TV will shut off. I suspect the TV is protecting itself as it's an older HD tube so only supports 1080i, 480P and 480I. After this happens, if I turn the receiver off and back on again, it will display video for maybe a second before I lose all video (but have audio.) If I switch the TV to another 1080i input thru my audio receiver, video comes back (which is why I believe the TV is fine.) I've only seen 2 ways to fix it, one is to immediately hold the power button to do a reset on the receiver. The other way is if I leave it off for awhile then if I turn it on again it will be fine initially, but then more likely to do it again within 30mins of watching TV. If I do a reset on it, I can typically go 2 or 3 days (or maybe more) without it happening.

Anyone else seen this? Thanks!

-Mike

The mere fact that the TV is shutting off points (IMO) to it as being the problem. You mentioned another input through your audio receiver, I'm assuming a DVD? Have you tried switching them? Or switching the component cables? Checked for tight connections? There are a few processes of elimination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts