622 cutting off to black screen!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mothergoose45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
My new 622 that was just replaced a month ago has started to just cut off to a black screen and the hard drive spins up. It started last night. It did it in intervals. Cuts on and off every ten seconds or so. Then I reset it, it then worked a while and did it again. Has anyone had this problem?

why was the fist one was replaced? could it be something from receiver to dish? whats your signal strengths?

Same problem. Several weeks ago I had the same thing happen so I had Dish send me a replacement 622 and a service call. A Dish installer/repairman visited and told me to send the replacemnt 622 back as it was just a software issue. I did and guess what happened? I had the same thing happen just before the pay per view fight Saturday night. The picture just blacked out and from that moment on the 622 tried to reset itself over and over again. I suspect it is fried because the next day when I plugged it in and went through the reset, it came on for a moment and then went to black screen again. So now I await a replacement 622. I suspect a heat problem: the counters read a high of 138 and an average of 116 for the one that is fried. But who knows for sure?

If they try to charge me another $20 shipping fee for a replacement that is 1 month old that will be the last straw. This is getting so annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)