622 for SD TVs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rinkerr

Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Another silly question....

I haven't made the move to HD yet - I'm cheap, and my current SD TVs still have a year or two of life in them. Besides, I don't think the price of HD TVs has bottomed yet. :D

Nonetheless, it seems like there is some interesting content (VOOM, HdNet, NFL-HD, etc.) only available on HD. Also, I currently have a 510 downstairs (for my recording needs) and a 301 upstairs (which I obviously can't record or watch recordings on). So the stupid question is, would it make sense to replace my current satellite stuff with a 622? I would then be able to downres all the HD content and watch on my current TV's, would have only a single (dual-tuner) receiver, and would gain some watching flexibility - I could watch the HD channels, and anything I record, upstairs. Then, when I get ready to make the move to HD TV's, I'd be all set.

I would have to pay the extra $20 for a metal package, but would not have to pay for an extra receiver, as I do now, correct?

Thoughts? TIA

- Bob

rinkerr said:
Another silly question....

I haven't made the move to HD yet - I'm cheap, and my current SD TVs still have a year or two of life in them. Besides, I don't think the price of HD TVs has bottomed yet. :D

Nonetheless, it seems like there is some interesting content (VOOM, HdNet, NFL-HD, etc.) only available on HD. Also, I currently have a 510 downstairs (for my recording needs) and a 301 upstairs (which I obviously can't record or watch recordings on). So the stupid question is, would it make sense to replace my current satellite stuff with a 622? I would then be able to downres all the HD content and watch on my current TV's, would have only a single (dual-tuner) receiver, and would gain some watching flexibility - I could watch the HD channels, and anything I record, upstairs. Then, when I get ready to make the move to HD TV's, I'd be all set.

I would have to pay the extra $20 for a metal package, but would not have to pay for an extra receiver, as I do now, correct?

Thoughts? TIA

- Bob

I have a single leased 622. My bill is as follows:

LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.0
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST 0.0
DISHHD GOLD W/ LOCALS 74.99
Account Charges $ 86.97
Taxes 3. 48
Total 90.45

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)