622 for SD TVs?

rinkerr

Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Another silly question....

I haven't made the move to HD yet - I'm cheap, and my current SD TVs still have a year or two of life in them. Besides, I don't think the price of HD TVs has bottomed yet. :D

Nonetheless, it seems like there is some interesting content (VOOM, HdNet, NFL-HD, etc.) only available on HD. Also, I currently have a 510 downstairs (for my recording needs) and a 301 upstairs (which I obviously can't record or watch recordings on). So the stupid question is, would it make sense to replace my current satellite stuff with a 622? I would then be able to downres all the HD content and watch on my current TV's, would have only a single (dual-tuner) receiver, and would gain some watching flexibility - I could watch the HD channels, and anything I record, upstairs. Then, when I get ready to make the move to HD TV's, I'd be all set.

I would have to pay the extra $20 for a metal package, but would not have to pay for an extra receiver, as I do now, correct?

Thoughts? TIA

- Bob

rinkerr said:
Another silly question....

I haven't made the move to HD yet - I'm cheap, and my current SD TVs still have a year or two of life in them. Besides, I don't think the price of HD TVs has bottomed yet. :D

Nonetheless, it seems like there is some interesting content (VOOM, HdNet, NFL-HD, etc.) only available on HD. Also, I currently have a 510 downstairs (for my recording needs) and a 301 upstairs (which I obviously can't record or watch recordings on). So the stupid question is, would it make sense to replace my current satellite stuff with a 622? I would then be able to downres all the HD content and watch on my current TV's, would have only a single (dual-tuner) receiver, and would gain some watching flexibility - I could watch the HD channels, and anything I record, upstairs. Then, when I get ready to make the move to HD TV's, I'd be all set.

I would have to pay the extra $20 for a metal package, but would not have to pay for an extra receiver, as I do now, correct?

Thoughts? TIA

- Bob

I have a single leased 622. My bill is as follows:

LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.0
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST 0.0
DISHHD GOLD W/ LOCALS 74.99
Account Charges $ 86.97
Taxes 3. 48
Total 90.45

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)