622 & Fox NY HD Not any better

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jfmeier

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Well, I've been following all the posts regarding the 622 and audio problems hoping it would go away with software updates, however the frustration level is now reaching a new high. Again this evening while trying to listen to Fox's 24 on NY locals HD, the audio was SOOOO bad I had to switch to the SD broadcast to even make sense. I am using a Dish 500 looking at 110 and 119. The installer hooked up a second Dish 500 and single LNBF looking at 61.5. Order on the DP44 is 110, 119, and 61.5 with the signal strength on the 61.5 consistently about 94. The rest are over 100. Do I need to change the Dish to a 300? Or do I need a new 622 from DISH. Also, have had to reboot several times because of lockups and Check switch messages.

Any thoughts from the knowledgeable group on this forum would be welcome? Still much better than the Cablevision alternative, but this bleeding edge technology does sometimes leave you bleeding.

622 audio woes continue

I feel your pain and am experiencing identical problems!!I'm in CT and Ch.5 NYC is horrible every week with 24 (my favorite show) It sucks...Dish won't approve an RA for me, have been calling every 10-14 days! Will continue until they agree to swap the receivers, with $300 invested in this unit, they ought to be much more responsive!! It shouldn't be this way...My gut is that eventually they'll agree to giv eus new receivers.

Your signal strength on 61.5 is about all you are going to get even if you put up a 300 and should be fine. There is something else causing the audio problem. I have it on the fox feed as well, so it is not your receiver as I have a 622.

garys said:
Your signal strength on 61.5 is about all you are going to get even if you put up a 300 and should be fine. There is something else causing the audio problem. I have it on the fox feed as well, so it is not your receiver as I have a 622.

DISH Is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

So is it a known issue with Fox HD? I've posted about the 622 audio drop outs many times here and it is definitely most apparent on FOX NY HD 6303.

Should I call so they have more people complaining or just wait?

I have the same issue. Is this one of those things that the right people are working on and it just takes time...?

Or - I'm glad to help put pressure on the right people - if someone tells me who the 'right' people are...

Fox LA is the same

FoxHD Los Angeles is the same and has been from the start. The other three networks are mostly OK with few dropouts but FoxHD is a constant problem. As mentioned above, when it gets bad I go to FoxSD.

mlrtime3 said:
So is it a known issue with Fox HD? I've posted about the 622 audio drop outs many times here and it is definitely most apparent on FOX NY HD 6303.

Should I call so they have more people complaining or just wait?

It's a Known Issue with all the new HD receivers, and with more then just FOX HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts