622 freeze w/caller ID

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
My 622 has always been hooked to a phone line but about a month ago we got caller ID. About half a dozen times now (that I have seen) when the phone rings the 622 freezes and either reboots or stays frozen and needs a fpr. This is very annoying, anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Brad

Caller ID works with mine fine; although sometimes it does not pop up the info when a call comes in, but that is rare.

You might call Tech Support; probably got a bad 622. Or just disable caller id...

I have the 622 and mine does the same thing,,every once and while when the phone rings the receiver freezes,, I don't know what else to do,,,Dish told me to disable the caller id,,

I have the 622 and mine does the same thing,,every once and while when the phone rings the receiver freezes,, I don't know what else to do,,,Dish told me to disable the caller id,,

That almost funny, I would (will) tell them that I pay for the caller ID feature and if it doesn't work I want a new rec. Actually I will go through my work and not have to deal directly with Dish :) . Guess I need to watch all my recordings.

Thanks,
Brad

I haven't had this problem on either of my 622s. CID was not working right way back when I got my first one, but all is well now.

My 622 has always been hooked to a phone line but about a month ago we got caller ID. About half a dozen times now (that I have seen) when the phone rings the 622 freezes and either reboots or stays frozen and needs a fpr. This is very annoying, anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Brad

I realize I am responding to an extremely old post & I apologize. But doing an internet search for the same problem, I came across this. By now, you likely have corrected your problem, but I have this same issue with my 211k. I have come to realize that, after 2 replacements from Dish, this is not a receiver problem. I basically received the same suggestions from Dish Support that you did; disable caller ID, remove my phone line from the receiver..DUH!!! Someone on another forum suggested to have my phone company come out and troubleshoot for a problem called" ring-over voltage." AT&T denies this is the problem.
Since I have DSL and have filters on all active phone lines, I've checked those filters and they are fine. Bottom line after not finding a solution, I have disconnected my phone line, which means I can't take advantage of seeing caller ID on my TV's display nor can I order Pay-per view via my SAT remote. To order, I have to go on-line and do so...What a pain!!

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)