622 freeze w/caller ID

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
My 622 has always been hooked to a phone line but about a month ago we got caller ID. About half a dozen times now (that I have seen) when the phone rings the 622 freezes and either reboots or stays frozen and needs a fpr. This is very annoying, anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Brad

Caller ID works with mine fine; although sometimes it does not pop up the info when a call comes in, but that is rare.

You might call Tech Support; probably got a bad 622. Or just disable caller id...

I have the 622 and mine does the same thing,,every once and while when the phone rings the receiver freezes,, I don't know what else to do,,,Dish told me to disable the caller id,,

I have the 622 and mine does the same thing,,every once and while when the phone rings the receiver freezes,, I don't know what else to do,,,Dish told me to disable the caller id,,

That almost funny, I would (will) tell them that I pay for the caller ID feature and if it doesn't work I want a new rec. Actually I will go through my work and not have to deal directly with Dish :) . Guess I need to watch all my recordings.

Thanks,
Brad

I haven't had this problem on either of my 622s. CID was not working right way back when I got my first one, but all is well now.

My 622 has always been hooked to a phone line but about a month ago we got caller ID. About half a dozen times now (that I have seen) when the phone rings the 622 freezes and either reboots or stays frozen and needs a fpr. This is very annoying, anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Brad

I realize I am responding to an extremely old post & I apologize. But doing an internet search for the same problem, I came across this. By now, you likely have corrected your problem, but I have this same issue with my 211k. I have come to realize that, after 2 replacements from Dish, this is not a receiver problem. I basically received the same suggestions from Dish Support that you did; disable caller ID, remove my phone line from the receiver..DUH!!! Someone on another forum suggested to have my phone company come out and troubleshoot for a problem called" ring-over voltage." AT&T denies this is the problem.
Since I have DSL and have filters on all active phone lines, I've checked those filters and they are fine. Bottom line after not finding a solution, I have disconnected my phone line, which means I can't take advantage of seeing caller ID on my TV's display nor can I order Pay-per view via my SAT remote. To order, I have to go on-line and do so...What a pain!!

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts