622 Hard Drive failure...any help from a DIRT member?

jtaylor42

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Western WI
I turned on my 622 this morning and got a message that the hard drive failed and to unplug for 10 seconds then plug back in, after reset the same message came up, although live TV still works. Message also says to call Dish support, but I was wondering if anyone from DIRT would be able to help with options, as I am not sure if any 622's are still available. I also have a 922 as my main receiver and don't think I want to go to the Hopper yet with the price increase down the road. I do have the Dish Service Plan. Thanks in advance for any help.

They might send you a ViP722 series in place of the ViP622, if they're out. Expect a Hopper pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I turned on my 622 this morning and got a message that the hard drive failed and to unplug for 10 seconds then plug back in, after reset the same message came up, although live TV still works. Message also says to call Dish support, but I was wondering if anyone from DIRT would be able to help with options, as I am not sure if any 622's are still available. I also have a 922 as my main receiver and don't think I want to go to the Hopper yet with the price increase down the road. I do have the Dish Service Plan. Thanks in advance for any help.
Go to the bottom of the Forum page, send a PM to members in RED.

Switch to at least a VIP722. You won't regret it. I've seen VIP722K's going for less than $100 shipped, if you want to just buy one outright. MUCH better receiver than the dated VIP622. There's more to it than just a larger harddrive.

Yeah, like Sling Adapter capability, and a chipset fast enough for adaptive streaming.

Be aware that the 722K requires an OTA dual tuner module in order to receive OTA broadcasts, the 722 has 1 ota tuner built in.

I still say to hold out for a 722 or 722k as above, but here's a couple of VIP622's for $50 each plus shipping. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/327095-FS-Two-622-and-one-211

I bought my first VIP622 off of Ebay, but I got the receiver and card number and checked with Dish first to make sure the receiver was free and clear to be activated on my account. I have since switched to a VIP722k with the OTA module already installed. These model of receiver prices are dropping due to the Hopper coming out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)