Cast and Crew

Skytrooper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Baden, Pa.
I used to have Direct TV til a few years ago til they screwed me on their Free NFL Weekend. Any how that's another matter. One thing I really miss about their DVR was Cast and Crew Option. You were able to hit that option and all the actors and the movies they were in appeared. If you liked that actor you could get all their personal info and movies they were in. Nice feature.

The Hopper had actor info but it disappeared during the last update. What's up with that? It was kind of primitive compared to Direct TV's, but better than nothing.

I used to have Direct TV til a few years ago til they screwed me on their Free NFL Weekend. Any how that's another matter. One thing I really miss about their DVR was Cast and Crew Option. You were able to hit that option and all the actors and the movies they were in appeared. If you liked that actor you could get all their personal info and movies they were in. Nice feature.

The Hopper had actor info but it disappeared during the last update. What's up with that? It was kind of primitive compared to Direct TV's, but better than nothing.

I never recollect the Hopper having actor info.

What frustrates me is that the actor info disappears a day or two after you record a movie. When deciding what movie to watch, I never can remember who played in it.

Dave

When you select the movie tile, it only displays a brief description.
But if you press Info button it show the remainder of what the 722 did--not much:
Rating (PG etc.), Length, Record Date, Actors (up to three), First Aired, Theme and Critique (.5 to 4 "stars"), and CC-ness.
If you want more info I suggest you go to IMDb.com and enter its search box for the movie or actor name.
I believe Google bought out IMDb this last year.
-Ken

I think you used to be able to search for actors under the filters drop down box. Some of you say you can still do a actor search, but I can't find it.