622 HD and SD Recording Question

general487

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Winfield, AL
I was considering upgrading to the 622 and "moving" to Atlanta, but I have one concern.

Since I will only be able to receive the HD Atlanta locals (due to spotbeam?), what will the 622 do when it fills up with HD recordings (most of my dvr is used for primetime network shows), and is there any way to "force" the dvr to record sd rather than hd or something? I know that this is a long shot, and a complicated feature, but I was wondering if anybody had any experience or knowledge on the matter.

Atlanta locals

general487 said:
I was considering upgrading to the 622 and "moving" to Atlanta, but I have one concern.

Since I will only be able to receive the HD Atlanta locals (due to spotbeam?), what will the 622 do when it fills up with HD recordings (most of my dvr is used for primetime network shows), and is there any way to "force" the dvr to record sd rather than hd or something? I know that this is a long shot, and a complicated feature, but I was wondering if anybody had any experience or knowledge on the matter.

If you are subbing to your locals in Atlanta you will get bothe the SD & HD versions. Just record the sd versions if you think that you are not going to watch them fast enough to get them off the HDD in time.

He is not in the Atlanta sd spotbeam. He is "moving". Unless you happen to be in the spotbeam there is nothing you can do. The 622 will start deleting the oldest recording that is not protected once the hard drive fills up.

Or just watch before you run out of space. :D I record a LOT of stuff each week, mostly broadcast networks/HdNet/UHD; I usually can keep the 622 to about 10 hours free HD. If I allow it to get lower, I will never catch up with the shows I am recording; particularly with the 30 hour HD limitations.

But if you are "moving" and getting the Atlanta locals LIL, you will get both the HD and SD feeds. That should open up more space, by recording to SD. Although the PQ will suck. :eek:

rockymtnhigh said:
But if you are "moving" and getting the Atlanta locals LIL, you will get both the HD and SD feeds. That should open up more space, by recording to SD. Although the PQ will suck. :eek:

How could I get the SD feeds if they are spotbeamed? (check my location)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)