Best price on vip211??

cbagman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Just called Dish and am a bit preturbed. In february, I upgraded to HD and leased a vip622. Check that, I paid $299 to lease it. That locked me into an 18 month contract. Apparently this was a promotional price and I cannot upgrade another receiver until next year (only one upgrade per year). So now my only option is to purchase a vip211 and then pay $11/month to use it. Ugghh!

Dish said they charged $299 to buy the 211. Checked Ebay and the prices were a bit cheaper but not much. Anyone have any luck finding a cheaper price elsewhere?

I like Dish Network but the rules are a tad absurd....

2 suggestions

Contact ceo@echostar.com (the executive resolution team) and see if there is a way of them waiving the standing policy. It's a shot in the dark. 2nd there are many dealers on ebay that sell the units for under 200 each.

Strange, they are giving a 211 no charge with Metal package. Just $6 monthly fee to new subscribers. Seems bad business to take advantage of your existing customers.

Many companies, Telephone, Cable, and others offer great incentives to new customers but fail to do anything to keep current customers happy. It's a marketing strategy that escapes me. Pehaps they figure that existing customers are less likely to switch..so they offer great deals to lure new customers in. I would think that companies would reward a current customer's loyality with a perk every now and then....rather than charge them "throught the nose" for add-on's and features. This practice may force existing customers to other providers just to get a better deal...then switch back to get another deal. The only sword a consumer has is his pocketbook, use it whenever it benfits you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)