Dish VIP211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

86turbodsl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 18, 2006
3 VIP211 here, all are now showing only the unsubscribed channels, nothing i'm paying for. My dish is pointed to western arc, in the Lansing, MI DMA.
I know it's supposed to be pointed to eastern arc. i'd need to move the location to do that. Not doing that right now. Is there some change made in the last
couple months that would have inactivated my subscription due to the western arc point?

Looking for any tips before i spend a long time on hold with customer service.

You might try going into your online account under My Equipment and see if the receivers have been de-activated for some reason. You can activate them from that location. It sounds like they just need a "hit" from DISH to get going again.

You can "de-activate" and "apply" then "activate" and "apply". Or, just call in and ask them to give a "hit" to each receiver.

You might try going into your online account under My Equipment and see if the receivers have been de-activated for some reason. You can activate them from that location. It sounds like they just need a "hit" from DISH to get going again.

You can "de-activate" and "apply" then "activate" and "apply". Or, just call in and ask them to give a "hit" to each receiver.
Yeah, i've tried going to my dish portal and at least on my computer, it's flipping out after i log in, the page just sits there flipping through several different screens. It's probably a page optimized for microsoft edge or something like that. I'm on linux/firefox. Sounds like i need to call in.

Reactions: charlesrshell
3 VIP211 here, all are now showing only the unsubscribed channels, nothing i'm paying for. My dish is pointed to western arc, in the Lansing, MI DMA.
I know it's supposed to be pointed to eastern arc. i'd need to move the location to do that. Not doing that right now. Is there some change made in the last
couple months that would have inactivated my subscription due to the western arc point?

I'm confused. You had it working on the WA? Why is it "supposed" to be pointed to EA? This happened a couple of months ago or recently? What's your signal strength on all of the satellites?

I'm confused. You had it working on the WA? Why is it "supposed" to be pointed to EA? This happened a couple of months ago or recently? What's your signal strength on all of the satellites?
His SD locals are on WA and his HD locals are on EA. He may have lost his SD locals in the recent shutdown of SD locals on the WA. As to the rest, IDK...

Dish says i'm supposed to be on the EA, but that puts the dish in the front of the house, and i don't want it there. I had talked to a CSR several years ago, and they wanted to do a dish move. I told them in no uncertain terms i would not allow anyone to come move my dish and drill holes in my new house. We were at a standstill until i got DIRT involved, and they fixed it so i could leave the dish in back. WA only, can't see EA from there. I could give a fig about locals. It was working until about 2 months ago. Since then, i never get an authorization signal. I did find on my account, all 3 recievers are authorized, but still i have nothing. I suspect they aren't sending authorization signals on WA for my boxes. Not sure but that is what i would imagine is the reason. And if i call them and that is the reason, i'm likely in for a battle to move the dish again.

Signals are good, switches check out. Dish says i'm EA in this DMA. Problems started about 2 months ago. I didn't notice right away since we stream a lot more than watch DISH. Wife clued me in when the DVR wasn't grabbing her shows anymore.

3 VIP211 here, all are now showing only the unsubscribed channels, nothing i'm paying for.

I am not sure about a VIP receiver but on a Hopper you can select what the guide shows . Are you sure that you don’t have “All Unsubscribed “ selected in Guide options.

1) Select Guide on your remote
2) Select Options on your remote
3) Select “All Subscribed” or press 4

Pressing 5 would show all unsubscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i go to guide, and cycle through to "all channels" they will all display, in green, trying to select one of them that i normally get results in "channel not authorized"

I suspect they aren't sending authorization signals on WA for my boxes.
Nope, not posible. All authorizations get transmitted on both arcs, so if you don’t “give a fig” about locals as you have previously indicated then you can stay on WA. Have dish send an authorization signal again, you don’t even need to mention the arc thing to avoid confusion and them giving you excuses.

Nope, not posible. All authorizations get transmitted on both arcs, so if you don’t “give a fig” about locals as you have previously indicated then you can stay on WA. Have dish send an authorization signal again, you don’t even need to mention the arc thing to avoid confusion and them giving you excuses.
Update: Called Dish, CSR sent re-authorizations for all my boxes, it worked, for some reason the boxes were all deauthorized and whatever they did worked. Good to know auth is sent on both arcs. Thanks for the info.
I thought they used to send auth signals for all customers occasionally to address this sort of thing? Is that not true anymore? We lose power enough here i could see it being a problem if they don't do that occasionally.

Dish says i'm supposed to be on the EA, but that puts the dish in the front of the house, and i don't want it there. I had talked to a CSR several years ago, and they wanted to do a dish move. I told them in no uncertain terms i would not allow anyone to come move my dish and drill holes in my new house. We were at a standstill until i got DIRT involved, and they fixed it so i could leave the dish in back. WA only, can't see EA from there. I could give a fig about locals. It was working until about 2 months ago. Since then, i never get an authorization signal. I did find on my account, all 3 recievers are authorized, but still i have nothing. I suspect they aren't sending authorization signals on WA for my boxes. Not sure but that is what i would imagine is the reason. And if i call them and that is the reason, i'm likely in for a battle to move the dish again.
The arc you're on has nothing to do with getting an authorization signal. Both Arcs have all the channels, minus the Locals, which is what determines which Arc they want you to point at. Just have a tech come out. I never understand why people are so hesitant to just have a tech come fix their issues

The arc you're on has nothing to do with getting an authorization signal. Both Arcs have all the channels, minus the Locals, which is what determines which Arc they want you to point at. Just have a tech come out. I never understand why people are so hesitant to just have a tech come fix their issues
He has fixed his issue, minus locals. Go back and reread post #6 and you will see what his arc dilemma is.

He has fixed his issue, minus locals. Go back and reread post #6 and you will see what his arc dilemma is.
I did, it's post 6 I quoted. The arc doesn't matter. Here, work orders are assigned to WA, but we can go both ways still and get locals on either arc so we use EA when we have to. What Dish says the arc should be doesn't stop receivers from working

My issue with having techs come here is, the last time i called Dish directly for support, i was informed a tech would be dispatched to my home and he would be moving the dish. They said this was non-negotiable, i was to be put on EA. I put the dish in. I'm perfectly capable of pointing a dish. It's a ground mount in back of the house in the only spot it can go so i can clear snow from the dish. The house was brand new (at the time) and there is nowhere to put the dish on EA except in the front where it would be an eyesore. The roof is 12/12 pitch and 2 story and it's not going up there. There is a wrap around porch and it's not going on that. I had to get DIRT involved to call off the dogs. I was ready to cancel because the CSR at Dish was insisting that a tech would be coming and would move it against my wishes.

The original issue still stands: Why if auth comes on both arcs, did ALL my receivers lose auth and not get re-authorized without a phone call to dish? I have been a regular customer for 23 years. Paid in full every month. And all boxes stopped working on 9/28. I was able to go check the download fail schedule on my DVR for the date.

My issue with having techs come here is, the last time i called Dish directly for support, i was informed a tech would be dispatched to my home and he would be moving the dish. They said this was non-negotiable, i was to be put on EA. I put the dish in. I'm perfectly capable of pointing a dish. It's a ground mount in back of the house in the only spot it can go so i can clear snow from the dish. The house was brand new (at the time) and there is nowhere to put the dish on EA except in the front where it would be an eyesore. The roof is 12/12 pitch and 2 story and it's not going up there. There is a wrap around porch and it's not going on that. I had to get DIRT involved to call off the dogs. I was ready to cancel because the CSR at Dish was insisting that a tech would be coming and would move it against my wishes.

The original issue still stands: Why if auth comes on both arcs, did ALL my receivers lose auth and not get re-authorized without a phone call to dish? I have been a regular customer for 23 years. Paid in full every month. And all boxes stopped working on 9/28. I was able to go check the download fail schedule on my DVR for the date.
Maybe try calling Loyalty folks.