Dish VIP211

I’m not seeing where he got the problem fixed. In fact, just the opposite.

Update: Called Dish, CSR sent re-authorizations for all my boxes, it worked, for some reason the boxes were all deauthorized and whatever they did worked. Good to know auth is sent on both arcs. Thanks for the info.
FWIW, we had been on WA with a 211 and 625 for decades. Our HD locals are on EA, but since I can pick them up OTA, I didn't bother with them via Sat.

One thing that I don't understand, why did you wait three months to fix the problem?

Reactions: HipKat
Maybe try calling Loyalty folks.
Yeah, I won't wast my breath there. Tried paying my bill online yesterday. System took all credit card information, including CVV. Click 'submit payment' ... nothing! Called in to pay by phone ... not working. Finally called 'loyalty' ... took immediate payment instead of payment on scheduled due date. Asked for a discount and was told 'there's nothing we can do for you' seeing as I'm on 'flex-pack' so I guess my nearly 23-years don't count for squat ... back up to 80 dollars a month and they don't even want to take my money without great struggle unless it's auto-payment, which will never happen in my household. Dish is about to alienate yet another customer. It's a shame they don't care anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah, I won't wast my breath there. Tried paying my bill online yesterday. System took all credit card information, including CVV. Click 'submit payment' ... nothing! Called in to pay by phone ... not working. Finally called 'loyalty' ... took immediate payment instead of payment on scheduled due date. Asked for a discount and was told 'there's nothing we can do for you' seeing as I'm on 'flex-pack' so I guess my nearly 23-years don't count for squat ... back up to 80 dollars a month and they don't even want to take my money without great struggle unless it's auto-payment, which will never happen in my household. Dish is about to alienate yet another customer. It's a shame they don't care anymore.
It's not just Dish. We have had Verizon for cell service for 20+ years (actually a little longer than we had Dish). First one, then two, and more recently 4 phones (at one time it was 5). DW needed a new phone, of course Verizon has all the ads and emails about the "deals" you can get, so we checked with them. We were going to replace DW's phone and both of the kids. Bottom line, Verizon would have cost us an extra $150 upfront, then an extra $30/month for three years compared to ATT. So we're switching. Verizon didn't care what their competitors were offering.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If longevity of service entitles one to discounts, Kroger should be paying me to shop their groceries as I've been eating for well over 70 years. I've also been drinking and pooping for that long, yet the MUD charges me for water and sewer at the same rate as my young neighbors. These companies just don't appreciate loyalty.

If longevity of service entitles one to discounts, Kroger should be paying me to shop their groceries as I've been eating for well over 70 years. I've also been drinking and pooping for that long, yet the MUD charges me for water and sewer at the same rate as my young neighbors. These companies just don't appreciate loyalty.
But Dish (and Verizon) AREN'T charging the same rate for the "youngsters". They give deals to attract people in, then once they have them "no deal for you".

It would be like Kroger charging you $30 for a steak, but the college kid who comes in for the same steak gets it for $5 (because they want him as a customer hoping he'll come back). Totally within their right. Just like it's in the customer's right to leave and find a better deal.

Reactions: charlesrshell